Thursday, January 29, 2015

Crazy Busy Life

Phew! Life has gotten so crazy busy this month! I feel like every day has been an uphill battle to some extent, and I'm hoping that things will calm down a little in the next months. I still need to write my Boise post, I realize. I had some free time a few weeks ago and had to wait too long for Dropbox, so the moment passed. I will do my damnedest to get it together, I promise.

After Boise, both kids had colds. Lewis had it worse at first (fever and runny nose), but then Lenore got fussy and snotty (not fevered, though). I ended up taking her in because she had an exceptionally fussy day of only 30 minute naps, and they found that she had a double ear infection! They put her on 10 days of amoxicillin, and by day 7, she was still a fussy pants, so I took her and Lewis in that time to be checked again. Sure enough, they both had double ear infections, so we switched to 5 days of Zithromax and went on our way. The last day of that was last Friday, and I think Lenore is better. Lewis still has a runny nose and cough, so we'll see about him. Needless to say, these past few weeks have been difficult around here.

On top of it all, Kevin got a promotion at work (yay, Kevin), which means he's been working more and has more responsibilities. It is great, but the timing of it has made home life a little challenging at this particular juncture. I haven't been able to get into much of a routine yet, so home-cooked meals have been meager and the house is a bit of a wreck (from the infant stuff + toddler stuff coming together). Sooo, on top of all of that, we've decided to move to a bigger house! Why not just pile it all on at once? New baby? Check. New job? Yes. Move? Why not?! We've clearly lost our minds. I met with a Realtor on Friday, and we are aiming to put it on the market in March. Life definitely won't be calming down anytime soon, but we'll at least have a proper bedroom for my parents and our friends to stay in when they come to visit. And we won't be tripping over toys at every turn if we can get some sort of toy room set-up.

I'll get the 3 month post up this afternoon. I have to wait for Miss Lenore to wake up so I can take her picture and do her measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment