Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Lewis the Truest, Vol. XIX

One day we were talking about Kevin running to Jimmy John's to get dinner. I was looking at the menu online, and said:

Me: I'll have a Slim Two.
Lewis: I'll have a Slim Four. Because I'm FOUR!

That ended up being turkey and cheese, which worked out well. Lucky him--who knows what he could have ended up with. :)

----------

On a regular Sunday morning...

Lewis: VRRROOOM. I love tractors.
             TOOT-TOOOOT. I love trains.
             (wings out, flying through the living room) I love planes.
              I love orange.

----------

One morning as Kevin was coming into the living room to sit with Lewis (he acts like this most anytime Kevin tries to sit next to him on the couch):

Lewis: Go away!
Kevin: I don't want to go away.
Lewis: Yes, you do, because leave me alone!

It is reminiscent of my brother in his teenage years. Leave.Me.Alone! He used to yell that dramatically at my mom when she'd try to wake him up for school. :) I've been saying that Lewis is a little teenager-ish lately...moody one minute, but wanting to snuggle the next. 

---------

The previous ones were from back in March (oops, forgot to post!). More recently...

In the car one day...

Me: Do you want to play soccer?
Lewis: Just golf.

It made me laugh. I'd be fine with golf, as I would be with tennis (another sport he says he wants to play/likes to watch on TV). It just caught me off-guard, as do a lot of the things he says! 

----------

Discussing dinner the other night, he was having trouble making the words come out of his mouth.

Me: What would you like for dinner?
Lewis: Toast. I'd like toast, but I'd like it to not go through the toaster.
Me: So you want bread?
Lewis: Yes.

Again, made me laugh. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Juni keeps getting on me when I order her a plain cheeseburger. She's afraid it won't have meat on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vaguely remember pondering that question as a child, but whether or not that meant cheese would be on it. I've always loved my cheese. ;)

      Delete