20 Months Old
So many funny/notable things about this picture, which are totally indicative of how life is going these days:
a) WE LOST THE DOG! The dog I sewed for Kevin, the dog that we've taken all of these monthly pictures with, has disappeared. We didn't look super hard, but it isn't in any of the usual spots, so I'm calling it lost. I'm sure it will turn up tomorrow.
b) This picture is late in the day (post-bath, pre-bedtime) because we had to wait for Kevin to get home to use his phone to take a picture. The Apple people fixed my phone (it had a twitching screen), but they also broke my phone (the camera and flashlight aren't working since the fix). And, yes, I could have used our camera, but that, too, was broken the last time I tried to use it. I think it got sand in the lens mechanisms on last year's vacation, if I remember correctly.
c) I guess that's all. We are definitely still getting back to our routine since vacation last week.
What she's up to this month:
- She and Lewis are going to camp this week at preschool. I wasn't sure how she would handle a longer day (5 hours vs. the usual 3), but she has been doing well! They eat lunch there, and then she goes right down for nap after I pick them up. It has made her naps a little later (2-5ish), so bedtime has been a little later each night this week. I still put her down by 7:30, but she's been up chattering to herself until 8:30-8:45ish. We'll get back to our regular nap schedule next week (1-4ish).
- Otherwise, it has been much of the same! There aren't many new things happening this month.
- She does say Thank You (her version of it) after I give her something (i.e. her water bottle, usually). I didn't realize she was doing it until she'd been doing it for about a week.
- Her fits have been getting stronger (emotionally), when they occur (which still isn't very often, but they do occur). I had forgotten how utterly helpless/frustrating/angry/etc. I could feel until she threw a huge fit the other night over a tortilla. I'm talking 30 minutes of screaming/crying/needing held/throwing herself on the ground/etc. All while I was trying to finish dinner and end the day without losing my #$@^. I hadn't felt that way since Lewis was around this age, I guess. Hopefully we all make it through as peacefully as possible.
- She did great at the beach! She loved to sit in the shallow water and let the water come and go around her the first few days. Mid-week, she would walk around holding a hand in the slightly deeper water. Then, as the days went on, she got more and more comfortable and liked going out in the bigger waves (in my arms) to get splashed around. She did well in the sand, too--she wouldn't stay still for too long, but for a little bit.
- She started sleeping with a small pillow at the beach--I'd packed one for the car, in case her head was falling to the side, and she took to it as a comfort item for her crib. She's never slept with a pillow until now.
- Wearing mostly size 24 months/2T now (some of her 2T cotton shorts are snug in the waist).
- Current Tooth Count: Still 20!
Some outtakes of her advising me on what she'd like me to do, as per usual. She wanted the footrest up for her pictures, so the footrest went up:
Put the footrest up!
No comments:
Post a Comment