Back with another Lewis the Truest, the 25th installment (wow!):
After bedtime one night, I heard him yelling out for Kevin, then me, then crying, which is unusual:
Lewis: I'm scared. I had a little bit of a bad dream. Who is Bigfoot?
Me: Where did you hear about Bigfoot?
Lewis: On my Kindle.
Me: He is a made-up creature. He is not real. Try to dream about something real and happy.
Lewis: I'll have beautiful dreams.
Me: Ok, have beautiful dreams, buddy. Good night.
Lewis: I'll just dream about riding on trains.
----------
Randomly, while looking out the window/riding in the car one day:
Lewis: My favorite things are long trains, long fire trucks, and Southwest airplanes. Because they have two of my favorite colors.
It just cracks me up, the things he has on his mind. And it warms my heart, the simplicity of it all.
----------
Sitting at dinner, talking about our different hair textures. How Lenore and I and even Kevin have wavy/curly hair, but how Lewis's is straight and thick as molasses:
Kevin: Our hair is kind of the same.
Lewis: Yea, except mine doesn't have that thing.
Kevin: What thing?
Lewis: That triangle thing.
LOL. He was referencing Kevin's receding hairline. :)
----------
Driving back from a mom-and-Lewis outing, he said he wanted to tell some jokes. The subject matter is a perfect snapshot of our lives right now:
Lewis: What happens if a train poops on the tracks?
Me: What happens?
Lewis: Another train runs over it and falls over it. HA HA!
Lewis: What happens if an earthquake poops on McDonald's?
Me: What happens?
Lewis: McDonald's explodes.
Lewis: What happens if a plane poops on a car while a car is driving down the road?
Me: What happens?
Lewis: It tips over!
Vehicles, natural disasters, and poop, that's what he's about. Vehicles and poop are kind of expected--natural disasters come from discussing safety drills at school the past few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment