Monday, October 30, 2017

Lenore is 3!

Lenore is THREE (yesterday)! Things have been really busy with my cousin's wedding this past weekend, and (subsequently) my sister, niece, and nephew are staying with us for a few days/nights. I'm a day late.

Lenore at 3 Years
MoanaElsa (Moana's necklace + Elsa's dress with train)

Her stats (we will get at her doctor's appointment on Friday):

Height: 38.15 inches [77th percentile]
Weight: 36 pounds 6.4 ounces [91st percentile]

Her doctor's appointment went well! She didn't have to have any shots or finger pricks (Lewis was really concerned she'd have to have a finger prick). We just talked to the doctor about things, and he checked her out. All looks good!

What she's up to:
  • She is in 3 day 3s (half day) preschool at a new school this year and loves it. She bounds in the car every day at carpool, wanting to show me what she's made or to tell me what she's done that day. 
  • She loves to dance and sing. She'll ask me to sing 'that pink circle' song or 'that song about a blue rectangle in Gramma's room,' and I have to make up songs on the spot to her requests. Some times are easier than others. :)
  • Her favorite things to watch are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Moana, SING, and Frozen (which is becoming slightly less and less).
  • She loves wearing tutus and dresses and crowns and necklaces and bows in her hair. She loves pretending to be her favorite characters (Moana, Elsa, and Anna). She loves having her nails painted, and she lets me cut and fix her hair. [It's kind of fun to discover the sides of myself that I never really had time/interest/confidence in while growing up.]
  • She likes to play with Lewis, but Lewis doesn't always like her to play with him or his toys. They will fight and scream and chase each other, which is hard. They are sloooowly starting to play better, which gives me glimpses of what it can be like.
  • She loves to play outside and isn't afraid to get dirty. In that way, she and Lew play really well together. She likes to ride her tricycle and to play with the neighbors.
  • She is potty-trained! After 2-3 false starts over the past 9 months, she's finally stuck with it and is doing really well. She was almost there when school started, but I kept her in pull-ups the first two weeks, just in case. Then we had one intensive weekend of only-underwear-commitment training (which she initiated), and we haven't looked back. We've had a few accidents when she's gotten really busy playing, but she is doing great. It was a lot easier than what I remember with Lewis. :)
  • She is still napping 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I can see it waning a little bit some days--sometimes she will stay up in her bed past her 7:30 bedtime, but sometimes she still sleeps a lot. I'm trying to stick to her nap schedule as much as possible. It certainly helps with me not working this year--I can get her from school, do lunch, and get her down for nap early enough that she can wake up on her own before it's time to go to the bus stop to get Lewis. Sleep is everything.
  • She also sleeps with a crib tent, like Lewis did. She started climbing out 3ish months ago, and she didn't do well in her toddler bed (getting things out of her closet, pulling off books, etc.). I think by the time the crib tent arrived from Amazon, she was STARTING to get the hang of it, but the peace of mind from the crib tent (safety/containment/etc.) is better for right now. 
  • Along with climbing out of her bed, she is fearless on the playground. She will follow Lewis up any sort of climbing structure, and she might fall but pops right back up again. Fearless. I'm considering getting her signed up for a tumbling class or something similar because I think she would love it.
  • She is pretty manipulative, I would say. If you tell her not to do something, she will tilt her head to the side and say 'But I'm just touching it' or 'I'm just looking at it' or something similar. She does NOT like to be told what to do or not do. :) It can be challenging, to say the least.
  • She is wearing size 4T clothes and size 10 shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment