Thursday, March 31, 2011

Whoops

Dear karmic god of sleep,

I get it. I shouldn't have boasted about how well Lewis is/was sleeping. It still isn't bad, but the instant I typed it out, Lewis changed his routine. Instead of waking at 3 and at 7 for the day, he did one night at 2:30/6:30 and then one at 2/6am. Last night he woke up at 1, and I was thinking, "Please don't let him wake up at 5am for the DAY." Luckily he awoke at 4 and went back down until 7. The pattern is gone. He was actually doing the 1am/4am/7am waking before he flipped to the 3/7, so it's okay. I can adjust back. It's fine.

One positive, that extra awakening let me read a bit more of the book I just started. A book for FUN, and not a baby book, for a change...The Help. I loooove it so far.

Sincerely,
Kristen

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! Glad you're rolling with the changes. And I LOVE that book! I think you will really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book! And hang in there...he'll change his routine again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. huck has taught me there is no such thing as a routine. i thought there was, but he doesn't agree. once or twice i've gotten him to sleep 6 hours straight, but that was just a tease!

    he's every 3 hours if i'm lucky, sometimes less.

    somehow he seems extra sweet and cute in the middle of the night, though, right?

    ReplyDelete