Monday, July 18, 2011

Big Boy Things

After a very text-heavy post last Friday, I thought I'd put up a photo-heavy one to attain some blog chi. This past week, we seem to have entered into some very Big Boy things. Enjoy!


Taking the Highchair for a Test Drive

This next picture I took for my cousin Mallory, showing Lewis wearing the super cute duck outfit that she got him. It also shows his new scootching position--he gets up on his arms like that and rocks back and forth/side to side and can spin pretty efficiently like that.


I Like Duck Butts, and I Cannot Lie,
You Other Brothers Can't Deny...

On the one not-so-oppressively-hot night we had last week, Kevin took Lewis out for his second grilling lesson. (The first was burgers and asparagus.) This time, they threw on some leftover hot dogs and zucchini and squash. Lewis helped by holding the hot dogs for his pops. :)
(And, yes, I know that raw hot dog juice can carry the bacteria, Listeria, which is bad for babies--he didn't come in contact with the juice, I promise.)


Mr. Grabby McGrabberson


Grilling and The Champagne of Beers (naturally)

I decided to go ahead and have Lewis try on the tie dyes that Ben and Adie sent because they looked like they might fit him already, and they do!


Thanks again, Ben & Adie!

As I mentioned in his Five Month post, it was time to make the switch from his infant seat to his convertible seat. Here is one of his last rides in the infant seat.


So long, Little Guy...


Hello, Big Boy!

I think he likes it so far. We are still getting used to adjusting the straps with the toggle being pushed up against the seat. And we have to see how he does without his dangly toys to entertain him. He has his mirror, which seems to keep him happy. And I have given him some of his toys to hold while we ride. Kevin was saying I could just keep a stockpile of 4-5 toys handy--if he drops/throws one, I can always offer another.

We went out a few times this weekend without the car seat/Snap n Go set-up. I carried him in the Ergo a few times, but it has been so hot and sticky that neither one of us wanted to be that close. He rode in his umbrella stroller for the first time this morning and seemed to really enjoy it--it has a nice 5 point harness to help him sit up securely.

Saturday morning, we met Rachel, Curtis, and Abram down by the waterfront to walk around and go to lunch. We haven't seen them in months, so it was nice to get together. There are all sorts of walking/biking trails down by the river--sadly, we have never been down there before! I think we'll definitely go back--there was a neat Abraham Lincoln statue, lots of benches to sit and watch the action on the river, grills and picnic tables for a picnic/cookout, etc. It's a nice slice of nature nestled right next to the 'city' landscape.


Lewis and Abram, having a chat.


And it was THIS BIG!


Happy Boy


:)

As I mentioned before, he still doesn't do well with the restaurant highchair, so he has been ending up in our arms a lot when we go out to eat. This restaurant wasn't super crowded and we were seated outside, so we ended up putting down a blanket next to the table for him to stretch out on for awhile.

In closing, the goats:

Our fence is the wooden one on the right side of the frame
(which conveniently doubles as the right side of their pen).


God Bless America (they have an American flag on the gate)? Or not. :)

I went yesterday for some 'me' time (which was amazing--thanks again, Kevin) and while I was out getting a pedicure and a much-needed haircut, I picked up some tarps and rope to try to make them HOPEFULLY be more out-of-sight/out-of-mind for Peter. Hattie has stayed away from them for the most part, although Kevin did see her snap at them under the fence the other day. Please, God, don't let us have a Dog vs. Goat Showdown.

3 comments:

  1. these are great! i love this blog stuff. Just for the record though, you guys all ate raw hot dogs right out of the package and it didn't kill you. i would cut them up into little pieces which eventually evolved into taking it out of the pack and carrying around the whole dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lewis and abram look like are interacting- they may be best buds for life

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may just be, you're right! They were smiling and laughing at each other like old pals.

    And I totally remember eating raw hot dogs! I used to love them.

    ReplyDelete