Lewis and I met my friend, Kate, and her mom, Lynne, for dinner last night...it was so great to see them and under better circumstances this time. The last time we'd seen one another was when Lewis was four days old and mama here was a tidbit on the 'emotionally unstable' side. :) They were so wonderful and supportive and helpful and let me cry and hug them, and I just love them. At dinner, Lewis had a little bit of the end-of-the-day-fussies (and he flipped my dipping cup of warm marinara all over me), but whatever. We had a very nice time.
Lewis and Aunt Kate
Lewis and Aunt Lynne
Also at dinner, Lynne invited us over to swim at their house. Yay! We went today after my mom group and had so much fun! [When we first arrived, however, Lewis had unknowingly filled his diaper, which I proceeded to, between the car and getting our bags of gear situated, squish out the back, front, and sides of his diaper AND get all over his brand new outfit AND all over the front of my cover-up AND even on their patio furniture. Poop.was.everywhere. I had to wipe him down with a burpcloth, then wipes. Worst one yet, but I am very glad he went then and NOT once he got in the pool. It was a doozy.]
Back to the pool, Lewis was happy much longer than I anticipated, and he seems to have gotten the hang of his floaty tube. He was kicking his feet beneath the water and even figured out how to make himself go in a circle. It was so great! Thanks again, Lynne and Tom!
Made in the Shade
I love this thing you call swimming--and I wish my dad
was here to see my new tricks! :) Hopefully next time!
Swimming Rules, Man
In closing, for your viewing pleasure:
And I totally missed the memo that it was supposed to pour this evening, so his floaty, towel, swimtrunks, hat, etc. that were probably already dry on the back porch are now soaking wet again. Oh well--it will be a scorcher again tomorrow, so I guess I'll just leave them out until then.
he really seems to love the water! you were always like a fish too. should i bring a floaty with me in case we find a warm water lake to swim in? that picture with aunt lynne looks like he's four feet long
ReplyDeleteHe does love it! And no, thanks, on the floaty. In a non-pool setting, I would feel safer with him in a life jacket. It's okay. We can just dip his toes in.
ReplyDelete