One Year!!
Her stats (from the pediatrician, percentiles from BabyCenter):
Height: 30 inches [in 75th percentile]
Weight: 23 pounds, 13 ounces [ between 75th and 90th percentiles]
Head Size: 18.74 inches [between 90th and 95th percentiles]
What she's doing this month:
- She is learning to communicate her needs/wants more and more, either with a calm yelp or a loud scream. She is pretty vocal (and always has been), even if she isn't saying many words. She still says Hiiii, Bye-bye, Bubba, Dada, and maybe an occasional Mama. Hi and Bye are the biggest, along with her sweet wave. She'll wave side-to-side, and then she also waves kind of touching her mouth and waving outward, I guess like she's blowing a kiss. (Did we teach her that? I don't know.)
- She still is nursing every 3-4 hours and taking her 4 oz. at bedtime (after she nurses). She can hold the bottle herself and chugs the formula down.
- She is still an enthusiastic, non-discriminating eater.
- She had started drinking from Lewis' Camelbak water cup, so I bought her a couple of straw cups to try out. She has figured those out, so I'll give her some water at mealtimes, which she seems to enjoy. For her birthday, I've gotten her a couple of non-straw sippy cups so that she can work on tipping the cup up to get a drink.
- She was finally sleeping consistently overnight for a little while there, and then she got a molar! That caused a couple of rough nights (up at 2:30, 3, and 4:30 one night, what what??), but we are through that now. There were some residual wake-ups after the teething nights from busting our routine, but she has been better again the past few nights. Fingers crossed that she'll stay that way. Mama hit a rough patch there for a little while.
- She is napping twice a day, unless we get out of routine, and then it's once a day. She typically goes down around 9:30 or 10am and 2:30 or 3pm, and she will sleep around an hour and a half or two hours each.
- She's walking all over the place!! Last Wednesday (October 21), she started putting around 10 steps together, and she has gotten more steady and ventured further each day. In her attempt to stay balanced, sometimes she almost gallops to get her feet quickly under her body. She's a hoot and is into absolutely everything.
- She also really loves to be carried on my hip, and she always has. Usually in the afternoon after nap, she'll be a little clingy, so I'll throw her on my hip and start dinner or clean or whatever I need to get done. I started thinking back, and I remember her falling asleep in that position when she was really tiny--I'd put her on my hip and walk around and watch her eyes quickly get heavy and close, and I guess that movement is what is comforting to her. (Maybe due to her crazy sideways antics while she was in my belly!?) Even now, she is totally content to just hang out with me while I work. My arms, on the other hand, get a little tired!
- Her hair is starting to get curly in the back where it is the longest.
- She is finally clapping and thinks it's hilarious when we clap for her/at her.
- She is getting into mostly 18 month clothing. There are still a few 12 month pieces that fit, but it won't be long.
- Current Tooth Count: 7 (2 upper middle, 4 lower middle, and 1 molar on lower left)
Hello, old tattered friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment