Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lenore at 2 1/2 Years

I think that they (doctors/insurance companies) must have added a well-child check at 2 1/2 years since Lewis came through that age. I feel like we went at 2 and at 3 with him, but 2 1/2 feels a bit odd. Anyway, Lenore went on Monday, and everything checked out well.

Her stats:
Height: 37.5 inches [91st percentile]
Weight: 33 pounds 3.2 ounces [89th percentile]
Head Size: 51 centimeters [98th percentile]

I feel like she's caught up/surpassed her normal growth curve. I think she was more 'average' before and now she's a little more 'above average.' She didn't have to have any shots or finger pricks, so it was a pretty basic appointment. I DID finally switch offices (still within the same hospital system, but to one more conveniently located to us and hopefully more efficiently run). The doctor was very friendly and took a lot of time with us (AND WAS ON TIME, which is a huge improvement).

What she's doing:

  • Still napping. #praisejesushallelujah When she doesn't, there's hell to pay for days and days after. She typically sleeps 3 hours in the afternoon, and close to 12 hours at night. She is still in her crib, but I have started thinking about when we will transition her to a twin bed. Maybe once school is out, we will put a bed in her room and let her live with it--I feel like it's going to be a lot easier with her (vs. Lewis), but I feel like it needs to be her idea.
    • If you'll recall, we had no choice with Lewis because he was climbing out of his crib at 18 months and was a danger to himself. We were forced to find a way to keep him in his bed (and naps suffered and it was a very dark period of time). I think Lenore's personality is such that she will decide to when she decides to and she won't look back.
  • On a related note, potty training is going to go similarly. She decides/announces that she needs to pee occasionally, and she will go and clap and wipe and flush and all is well. It's not happening consistently for her, though, and she doesn't seem to be in any hurry.
  • She has so much attitude. We joke that she's a strong, independent woman, which she is, but MAN. When she has put her mind to something being a certain way, there can be times when nothing we can do or say will sway her from getting it her way. It can be so challenging.
  • She has been out of preschool since March 17 (when I quit working and pulled her). She is all set to start at a new school near our house this fall, 3 mornings a week. I'm really excited for her/us to have a fresh start, with 3 years of preschool still ahead of her, because of the way her birthday falls (October 29).
  • She had tubes put in last month (finally), and we go back to have them checked tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be fine with that--she seems unphased.
  • She says really funny things these days. She says 'about everybody else' in the improper context, so it cracks me up now that I recognize her doing it. 
    • Example: She took a magnet off the fridge at lunch today and said, 'What is this about everybody else?'
    • I think she just meant, 'What is this?'
    • It was a superhero-shaped bottle opener magnet, so I think she was trying to ask who he was/what character/etc. If you spend time with her, listen for her to insert 'about everybody else' from time to time.
  • She loves to walk on her own, ride her bike on her own, look for rocks on her own, etc. She really no longer allows me to take stroller walks with her. Or we will walk to a destination (i.e. the lake to look at geese), and then screams THE ENTIRE WAY HOME about how she wants to walk. I can put her in the bike trailer to get where I need to go, but, even then, she sometimes screams when I try to get her back in to go home. It really sucks not being able to drive places. It sucks having to rely on walking or riding my bike everywhere...with a screaming toddler. Any chance I can get to have some peace and quiet, I need to take it. I do get up to walk with a neighbor two mornings a week, and that is nice. But as far as being productive and getting errands run, that quiet/alone time is something I have missed and will miss until August (or beyond) rolls around.
Sorry to stray. I'll post a health update, as well. I met with my neurologist on Monday, as well, and he seems to have some theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment