Then it was time to get him ready to meet the Anderson side of the family. We decided to go with an ode to Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, brought to you by his Auntie Em. Behold.
Lew and Papa ready for Easter Dinner
Chilling on his new and appropriate safari blanket from
Great-Great (is that right?) Aunt Rose
Aunt Paula and Uncle Jim recently adopted a puppy, Neo, who also came to Easter dinner. He is beautiful--part Great Pyrenees and part German Shepherd. He already weighs in at nearly 40 pounds, and he still has a lot of growing left to do! I'm so glad we got to meet him...I took 10+ pictures of him, but there are just a few where I caught him in a still moment. :)
Good puppy
:)
Bigfoot
Doing the 'Long Dog'
See what I mean? He was a quick little feller.
Lewis did well being passed around again on Sunday--he spent a lot of his time sleeping (which made me a little nervous for the nighttime, but it didn't seem to mess up his routine, thankfully). We did have a little poo incident, so the Crocodile Hunter outfit was short-lived. Luckily, we packed some backups--back to his stylin' STRETCH PANTS!
Sleeping on his 2nd cousin, Mallory
He is edible.
And then it was time for us to go since we had a 2 1/2 hour drive (or more like 3 hours with a stop to feed). I don't think Memaw and Papaw Carter got to spend as much time with Lewis as hoped since they were entertaining/hosting both days. We'll have to make up for it next time. We had a great first overnight trip away from home--look forward to doing it again soon!
Lew with Papaw and Memaw Carter
Oh man, Schwee. Is changing all the time! He is so handsome in his safari garb!!! Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys had such a successful first overnight trip! Thanks for documenting it so well. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. I agree that he is changing an awfully lot. It sure does happen fast. He is adorable!
ReplyDelete