Monday, May 2, 2011

Rainy Days

The other day during one of our MANY recent rainy days, Lewis decided to roll over from back-to-front for the first time! I looked over and saw that he was up on his side like this--next thing I knew, he was on his belly with an arm pinned beneath him. I let him wriggle for a few seconds, and he figured out how to get his arm out. He's only done it one other time since then, but it is still pretty exciting!


If I could just...reach...a...little...farther...(plop)


Lewis and his chins wanted to wish his cousin Juniper a happy 1st birthday last week!



Speaking of being 'all growns up,' when did Lewis start looking so grown up?
(Thanks for the Batman and Spiderman shirts from Reed, Maria, and Clara.)


And this is how Peter and Hattie spend the rainy days...they make me want to take a nap!

We had briefly talked about signing up for a 5k in a few weeks, but the rain has made walking (me & Lewis) and running (Kevin) not happen. The entry fee is also a bit high to not put forth a solid effort, so we're going to pass on this one. If it would stop raining ever, we'll get back out walking with the dogs in the evenings at least. Hopefully Lewis and I can also start a regular walking routine out in 'nature' (as nature-y as the suburbs can be)...maybe we can find a few stroller-friendly trails in nearby parks. And before the nasty summer heat/humidity sets in. We need to move.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome that he rolled over! Abram goes to his side often....but he hates being on his belly! Will only tolerate it for a few minutes and he'll grunt/complain the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Juni started rolling over, it was like a compulsion. She just couldn't stop herself BUT would get raging mad once she actually made it to her belly. Too funny. There was a lot of repetitive motion in those days (her rolling, me rolling her back, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's growing up so fast! Can't wait to see

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look grown up in that picture! I love the Batman shirt. Congrats on rolling over Lewis! Glad to see you have the Winkle toy...that is a great one for babies since it is so easy to grab. We too have tons of rain and I am very over it. Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the Winkle toy is great so far--it's the only thing he has really grasped on his own (with the exception of the 'legs' on his dangly toys, I guess). He likes to grab it and flip it around or stick his whole arm through it and fuss b/c it has trapped him. :) I got him the Baby Einstein bendy ball the other day, but it is too heavy for him still (it got good reviews on amazon). I'm looking for a few of the smaller (small like a cat toy) lightweight balls with a web-like design that he can grasp easily. My sister and Maria both had those, and I think Lewis would like it.

    ReplyDelete