Sunday, May 15, 2011

Three Months

Happy 3 months, little buddy! We are coming to the end of his first cold, I hope...still having to suck snot once or twice a day. Still hacking a little first thing in the morning. Not hacking up milk all over mama so much the past few days, which is nice. I'm learning, though--I burp with a bath towel now instead of a measly burpcloth. :)


Three Months Old

We don't go to the doctor this month, so Kevin and I took unofficial measurements this morning. I've found that different websites give vastly different percentiles, so I just looked these up on BabyCenter since that is where I do most of my baby-related reading and research.

Head: 17 3/8 inches (95th+ percentile)
Length: 25 1/2 inches (75-90th percentile)
Weight: 16.6 pounds (90-95th percentile)

What he's doing this month:
  • Holding his head up pretty well on his own. Still head-butts us sometimes, but he's getting a lot better with it.
  • Has started laying on his side a lot during his activity mat time. Just laying there. Hasn't rolled over since that one day last month.
  • Also during his activity mat time, he has started grabbing at the toys, holding on for dear life, kicking, yelling, and shaking the shit out of it all. He reminds of a wild animal in a cage.
  • Has become mesmerized with his feet and hands. Likes to stare at them.
  • He smiles back at us most of the time now and chuckles sometimes.
  • Has become pretty vocal, usually in the evenings.
  • Sleep was SO GOOD there for a few weeks, and then he got a cold. With that, he started waking up once or twice in the night again. I think we're back to once a night now (hopefully), and I am going to try to stick with one wake-up time everyday and see if that helps get him back to his old ways.
He also took his first trip to Bloomington yesterday. Campus looked so different--so many (too many, to me) new buildings. We were going to spend more time walking around but ran short on time. We met Kevin's friend Ahren (and wife, daughter, and daughter's friend) for lunch at Scotty's and then headed out to Ben and Adie's house for a graduation party. It was great for their families/Waycross friends to meet Lewis. We got lots of offers for babysitters! Some had seen him when he was around a month old, and they couldn't believe how big he has gotten since then! So, first college party--check. He found a nice place to rest his head on Adie's lap, so he took a nap there.


Class of 2033


Party all night, Sleep all day

2 comments:

  1. i just caught up on your blogs. They are really good and the pictures are wonderful. I think I need another Lewis fix already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! Maybe Memorial Day? He misses his Memaw and Papaw.

    ReplyDelete