At the last minute, Lewis and I decided to drive up to Indy/New Castle last Thursday-Friday for a bridal shower and to introduce him to Mom and Dad's coworkers and students. It was our first trip by ourselves, so I was a little apprehensive about the drive (last time we took a road trip he was coming down with a cold and was hungry earlier than expected, so we had some major crying while trying to get to an exit). This time, he was a happy camper throughout--we stopped in Edinburgh coming and going. There are plenty of far-away parking spots for nursing privacy, plus a bathroom, plus a Gap outlet. :)
We stopped first in New Castle to see my parents for a few hours. Then we headed back to Indy for a bridal shower for my friend Lisa--she and James will be married this fall! We had a very nice time at the shower--I forgot to take a picture of his sweet plaid pants until close to the end of the evening, past his bedtime, hence fussytime, so this is the best I got:
Sad in Plaid
We made the rounds in New Castle on Friday morning, visiting cardiac rehab, the hospital, Westwood, and Grandma Dee's house, and then we had to hit the road. We stopped on the way at the Butt's house to meet their beautiful twin boys, Jenson Alex and Edison James, who are almost three weeks old. They are so precious--I can't wait until they (and Lewis) are old enough to play together. We got back pretty late Friday evening, just about at Lewis' bedtime.
At my parents' house, Lewis really started to buck his head in an attempt to roll over. He was really arching up (I think partially to see the TV), so Saturday morning we went down to the basement to see what he could do. He is SO close!!!
Laying on his side
Pushing his head down
(with mama's encouraging hand next to his bum)
Sweet little monkey
Sad in Plaid...to funny! And those jean diapers...I must get some!
ReplyDeleteI believe they are a baby fashion staple. The 'real' diapers came today, so I'll probably save the rest for the next baby's photo op.
ReplyDelete