Sunday, March 23, 2014

Open Gym

The week before last, we went to open gym with Tonya and Carlton. We've found a location that isn't as busy, so that's been a nice change of pace. The past few times we've gone, Lewis has wanted to try out the balance beam, so I got a few pictures of that this time.
 Carlton had already climbed the inflatable, gone down the slide, and was catching up to Lewis who was still making his first trek up. He found a soccer ball and just wouldn't let it go, so that slowed him down on a few obstacles.
 Melting down
He was flopping around and fussing because I wouldn't get him the basketball that was two feet away. Oh, the horror...

Balance beam time:
 This one was a bit higher off the ground, and I typically hold his hand while he walks it. He very cautiously scooted his feet along, and then he wanted me to hold his hand again. The prize at the end of this one is the big foam pit--if no one is on the trapeze, he can jump off the end of the balance beam and land in the foam (which he likes to do).
 Trying out a shorter one
This one is just a few inches from the mat, and he almost made it the whole way on his own--I think he stepped off about 2/3 of the way down it.

And finally, Tonya sent me this video of Lewis and Carlton together--very funny. Make sure you can hear the music in the background because I think it adds to the funny:

The Aftermath :)

No comments:

Post a Comment