The second half of the trip was kind of dampened by Lewis getting sick. He had sort of a fever on Saturday afternoon/evening, and overnight Saturday he was a sweaty/fevered mess. Emily came over Sunday morning with medicines and snacks, and we decided to take the day 'off' to hang out at the hotel and hopefully let him get better. He was still not 100% the next day, but we decided to go ahead and go to the zoo since it was our last full day there.
Sickly Lewis Pete :(
He had a fever, cough, and runny nose.
We did go over to their house that evening for dinner and some more play time with the chickens:
Juni and Hamburger Helper, the friendliest one
Lewis petting Hamburger Helper (Joe named her that...)
The next day, it was onto the zoo!
Sweet Otis :)
The coolest giraffe slide!
I think I tried to get them both to climb on the same animal, but they weren't having it.
It's MY elephant! It's MY gorilla! :)
Cousins :)
This one I would caption, 'I want to drive, NO, I want to drive!'
ALMOST tall enough to reach those pedals. :)
Back at the house on our last evening, Juni and Auntie Schwee taught us how to look for bugs:
Juni, Lewis, and Drina
Checking out the chickens one last time
We learned that the roly-poly bugs like to hide under rocks!
And we've since been looking for bugs at our house. Lewis wasn't really into it last summer, but we spent about an hour outside last week, studying worms, a locust exoskeleton, a dead beetle, etc. I was feeling my nature nerd-ery coming back a little. :)
Hugs for Otis :)
We had an hour-long first flight from Boise to Denver that went very smoothly. Our flight to Louisville was about 2 1/2 hours, and much to my surprise, Lewis slept THE ENTIRE WAY. This was him, already asleep, as we were taxiing out to the runway, and he slept until we touched down in Louisville. I couldn't believe it. Granted, he was still not feeling well, did not nap the entire week, and didn't sleep as well overnight, either. Regardless, it was amazing.
Sweet dreams, Lew.
It was a great trip, and we can't wait to see them all again soon. :)
Such good pictures and fun times! Glad you got to go! Even though Lew was sick, I love that pic of him with the earphones on
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom! He was awfully cute when he was sick--very snuggly. It did suck to share a bed with him, especially when he was coughing right in my face, but I somehow managed to not get sick.
Delete