Thursday, April 17, 2014

Farmer Jason

Last Thursday, Tonya, Carlton, Lewis, and I headed over to IU Southeast for a concert in their Children's Series. I remember reading about them when I was studying/working there, but, of course, I had no children at that time. The performances are free, although they aren't widely advertised (that I've seen, yet) and they seem to cater more to preschools/elementary schools. Anyway, we emailed, got on the list, and went to see Farmer Jason because it said he sang songs about farming and nature. I think he was a hit with the boys!
Carlton started clapping along right away
While Lewis was a little more skeptical :)
The farmer came on stage, singing and playing his guitar, so I think Lewis wasn't sure what was going on for the first few songs. Like, who is this guy and what is he doing?

Lewis and Carlton sat for a while and then stood to dance, and then at some point, they (or Tonya, I forget?) decided to share a seat, which was the funniest/cutest thing:
Personal space? What's that?
Lewis started to lean in and 'snuggle' which is when things went south. It was very cute while it lasted, though. :)

The show itself was just about an hour long--he sang songs about all sorts of different animals, a tractor, an oak tree, etc. I think the boys enjoyed themselves, so I'll have to remember to look into what shows are coming next year.

2 comments:

  1. lew looks pretty serious about this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he didn't seem to know what to think. The guy was pretty goofy. :)

      Delete