We've been busy getting into the Easter spirit the past few days. Yesterday, Lewis and I tried our hand at dyeing eggs. I figured he would lose interest and I'd end up doing it myself, but he was surprisingly patient and into it. His only impatience came during the drying time, but we moved onto do something else and he soon forgot about them.
He stuck to his favorite color, yellow, while I manned the other colors:
Our first batch
Smelling the yummy vinegar-y dye bath
He later had some yellow snot dripping from his nose from getting too close a few times (he took in a little into his nose). :) Oops.
Our finished eggs
We had two leftover eggs after finishing the two batches of five, so I let him choose the colors. He chose yellow for him (of course) and pink for me.
This morning, we headed out to Tonya's house for an Easter egg hunt with some of her other mom friends. There were 6-7 other moms, plus 10ish other kids, and we had a really nice time. We hunted for eggs first, then played outside for a bit before heading in for lunch:
Not quite the whole group, but almost
Some were already heading down to the hunting grounds, and the little guy on the right wishes he was already down in the hunting grounds instead of posing for some lame picture. :) And big sister standing to the right of Lewis is about to step on little sister. Heehee. Fun times.
Lewis was SO excited! :)
And they're off!
Tonya has a great big yard, so the kids were able to spread out and find eggs all over.
The jackpot tree
This one had an egg at every turn--I think there were like 5 of them around the base, and Lewis scooped them all up.
Winding down the hunt, making sure they didn't miss any
Petting Kitty (Carlton is mid-sneeze! Achoo!) :)
We had a really nice time, and Lewis loved opening his eggs to find candy, coins, and little toys. And we still have the weekend to go!
looks like he had fun!
ReplyDeleteHe did, indeed! He's excited to hunt again this weekend, too. :)
Delete