Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Lenore at 14 Months

14 Months Old
I finally emailed it to myself, downloaded it to the computer, and uploaded it to the website. It feels so-2010 with all of the technology around me right now, but I can't figure out why the usual method isn't working. Anyway, it's here, and it was from the 29th, and it's a hilariously not-even-looking-at-the-camera picture, which is exactly the kind of days we are having as of late. I'm just going to leave it be. It makes me smile. :)

It seems like I was just writing her 13 month post--time continues to fly, and I'm still trying to keep up. I did take her picture this morning, but I'm unable to add it to this post for whatever reason. (My phone pictures aren't showing up through the web version, and I don't remember my password to Blogger to try to use the app--why are there so many passwords to remember in this world?) We are heading to Indianapolis to spend time with my parents, so I'll have to add pictures when we get back tomorrow evening. 

Update: I've been trying to add a $%&*&%^#% picture, but my phone isn't aligning with my computer, and I'm at a loss. Maybe it's Blogger? Maybe it's me? Maybe I'm losing my mind? For now, I am walking away until they (my phone and computer) can work it out.

For now, here's what she's been up to:
  • She is supposed to be taking Iron supplementation drops, but she hates the taste of them. And when she hates something, she is impossible to convince, otherwise. ;) I'll see what her doctor says at the 15 month check-up--I looked back at the results, and she's on the low end of the 'normal' range, so it's not like she's totally bottoming out.
  • She also continues to not care for cow's milk. I have, as of a few weeks ago, officially stopped daytime breastfeeding (we dropped the two pre-nap feedings). I offer sippy cups of milk throughout the day, and she might take a sip here and there, but she prefers water. She does still nurse first thing in the morning and last thing of the day, but that's it. Another thing to ask about (how much milk she's supposed to be having each day).
  • She does continue to eat pretty well. She's started being a bit more dramatic at mealtimes, at times, towards the end when she is finished. She has this broad, quick, sweeping motion she does with one of her hands, and that can send her food a-flying across the room. The dogs love it, but it drives me nuts. (Especially when paired with Lewis's complaining about what I've made for dinner, always.)
  • She continues to walk, run, and climb like a wild woman. She's starting to learn to get down safely from things (i.e. the couch, a few stairs, etc.). She'll start down the stairs on her belly, and then she might turn around and attempt to walk down them like a grown-person (which is a very bad idea). But, it's a start.
  • She and Lewis have started playing better and better together. Lew is always surprising me with his attempts at sharing and being sweet to her and trying to include her in his playing. Of course he still gets frustrated with her, but he has really been working on it.
  • She is such a joy, most of the time. She has started this little giggle a la Beavis or Butthead, and it just warms my heart.
  • In contrast, when she is sad, she is soooo sad. She flips out her lower lip and her eyes well up with tears, and it's just heartbreaking. She's especially needing-of-a-snuggle immediately after nap time (especially in the afternoon). The only thing that helps is for me to pick her up, so there are a lot of one-handed dinners made. She is on my hip quite a lot through the day, as I think about it (not that I mind, most of the time).
  • Current Tooth Count: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment