I had a seizure in my driveway on Saturday, February 4, in the middle of the afternoon, out of the blue. Thankfully, my friend Adie had just gotten here from Bloomington, and she would be the #1 best person in the world to be here. It was scary, but I'm ok. I had a bump on my head, but the CT came back clear. They started me on seizure medicine that day.
I saw a neurologist later that week, and he said it appears to be epilepsy. He ordered a sleep-deprived EEG (which came back normal), and I have an appointment next week with a different neurologist who is an epilepsy specialist.
I had some issues about a year and a half ago while I was still waking in the night to feed Lenore. Three episodes over six months--I'd shake in my sleep, wet the bed, but I didn't know until the next day when Kevin would tell me. The third one was the worst--I shook out of bed and woke up to Kevin yelling at me (about being on the floor). After that one, it took me a while to 'come to,' and I had some weakness in my legs for a few days. And I finally called my doctor.
I saw the neurologist I'm going to see next week after that, and he ordered an EEG, MRI, and sleep study (all normal). I was told to get more sleep and that was that.
Leading up to this latest episode, I had quite a lot going on. I woke up early (5:45am) the day before to walk, worked at the preschool, babysat for some neighbors, and went grocery shopping at 11pm. I then woke up Saturday to make food for a friend's MIL's visitation, delivered that food, went to Lewis's basketball game, lunch, and then got ready to go to the visitation. Once Adie got here, Kevin and I walked outside to help her get her boys inside, and that was when it happened.
The positives are that I'm walking more. It used to be 'Should we go for a walk or go to Target? Let's go to Target.' Or Kroger, Goodwill, etc.
That's perhaps the only positive. :) I can't drive for 90 days, which is May 5th-ish. Oaks Day (the day before Derby Day), if you live in Louisville.
Lenore and I have been riding to/from work with Kevin last week, and my mom was here to help the week before. My work situation has changed over the past few weeks (we moved out of one building and into another), and I'm not doing well with the transition. It was sudden and emotional and very stressful for everyone, and now I'm making plans for Lenore to go elsewhere next fall. If stress is determined to be what caused all of this, I might leave my job and pull Lenore out of school (to eliminate the back and forth of Wednesday-Friday).
I finally used ClickList last week, too. It's the service at Kroger that lets you make your shopping list online, and they have it ready for you to pick-up at the time you choose. Kevin was able to pick it up on the way home from work--I just placed a small order the first time to get us through the week and to try it out. A couple of friends had been raving about it, but I hadn't had a good reason to use it yet. Now, we do. My friend Kate came over this weekend and took me to Costco and Kroger for full shopping trips, which I so appreciate. I stocked up for dinners for a few weeks. :)
For now, I'm trying to stay busy at home with house projects I've neglected (because, Target). I had a really productive day on Sunday in the yard while Kevin took the kids to the zoo, and I'm ready to plant, but Home Depot apparently doesn't have plants in stock yet. Come on, spring!
I should know more after my appointment next Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment