Thursday, November 15, 2012

21 Months Old

21 Months Old
Cheese!

His stats (from BabyCenter):
Height: 36 inches (above 95th percentile)
Weight: 33.8 pounds (above 95th percentile)
Head Size: 20.5 inches (above 95th percentile)

I thought he was eating an awful lot a few weeks ago! His head stayed the same size, but he grew an inch and gained 4.3 pounds. (Though he'd had a heavier day before last month's post where he was around 32 pounds, I think, which would mean he only gained 2ish pounds.)

What he's doing this month:
  • He is still loving all things car, truck, Jeep (he can pick them out of a crowded parking lot), train, bus, plane, construction vehicle, ambulance/police/fire, helicopter, bicycle, etc.
    • He loves his racing track that I posted pictures of the other day and he likes to roll his cars and/or trains around (pretending to drive them) and says vroom vroom or choo choo.
  • He is really into the noises that things make, like car, plane, ambulance/police/fire, dog, bear, dinosaur, and lion. He gets REALLY into his vroom vroom-ing. He'll say it over and over, gradually getting louder until he's just about screaming.
  • He says Baah Baah so sweetly and flops his little hand (waving bye). He doesn't wave hello, but he does pick up cell phones and holds them to his ear and says Hello.
  • He also 'knows' the U of L cardinal, so when he sees him around the house on a shirt or hat or glass, he gets really excited and yells out something that sounds like 'bird,' maybe? And then he throws up an arm and says 'AH!' and we say 'Go Cards!' He's starting to do the same with the Cubs symbols, too.
    • To counteract the Cardinal (over)exposure (love you, Kevin!), I have been teaching him Indiana, Our Indiana on the side. :) And Let's Go IU!, Hoo-hoo-hoo, Hoosiers!, and Go Big Red!
  • Lately, most anything can be accomplished if singing The Wheels on the Bus (we have the book). I can tie his shoes and cut his fingernails without him squirming as long as I'm singing it. Anytime he sees a bus in real-life or in a book, he asks us to sing it by just singing 'Ahhh?' (like a question/ohsosweet demand). Once you finish a verse, he 'Ahhh?'s again. He's relentless with it, too--after I go through the verses I can remember, I have to make up things that are on the bus. He usually gets on a roll in the car or at breakfast (after Kevin prompts him to do so as Kevin and I are switching breakfast duty).
  • For brushing teeth, I found some Thomas the Train toothpaste, thinking it might help ease the struggle a little. So far, so good! He likes to hold the tube of toothpaste while we are brushing, and when we're finished, we say Baah Baah to Thomas until the next time. He still doesn't love having his teeth brushed, but he's getting better about it.
  • He loves hats. Moreso, he loves pulling hats out of the basket in our room and making Kevin and I wear them. At like 6:45am yesterday morning, he was saying 'Haaaa! Haaaa!' in our room and we realized he had two hats in his hand, wanting us to put them on (we were still trying to pretend to be asleep). The other day I had 3 hats on my head at once, along with 2 of Kevin's shoes. We're like his little paper dolls. :)
  • Talking overall is really coming along this month. He seems to use more and more words and less 'dahs' every few days.
    • Kevin also has started asking him where things are, and he totally knows (just prefers not to say). :) He'll ask him where random things are (i.e. the wall, banana, TV, Peter, table, mama, hair, raisins, door, etc.) at mealtimes, and Lewis has gotten really good at pointing things out accurately. 
    • He still surprises me with things he 'gets' that I don't think he'll get. The other day I couldn't find his water, so I went out to see if I'd left it in the car. It wasn't there, so I said, "Lewis, where did we put your water?" kind of talking to myself, and he walked over to the back of the garage, behind his car and under his chair, pulled out his water cup, and brought it to me.
  • Daylight Saving Time didn't throw him off too badly. I think by about 4 days after, we were back to 'normal' which is a 7:30pm bedtime and 6:30am wake-up. Right BEFORE the time changed, we were getting closer to a 7am wake-up, even 7:30 one glorious day. Oh well. 
    • I should add that the night of the time change we were at Waycross, and Lewis woke Sharon and Jim up at 4am (which was 5am if we were in the time our bodies were used to). It was a brutally long morning and day for them, I'm sure.
  • He's really into opening and closing doors. He'll open a door, go in the room, and close himself inside. (And sometimes can't get himself back out so we have to go get him.) He's pretty good with the long door handles but can't yet turn the round knob ones.

That is Lewis at 21 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment