Kevin's parents watched Lewis last weekend when we went to Waycross, and they'd planned on taking him to the Science Center. However, there was a mini-marathon downtown that day that halted their plans, so they offered to take him during the week so that I could have time to paint our bedroom. Sooo, that finally happened on Friday! I checked the can of paint, and I purchased it on July 23, so it only took me 3 1/2 months to actually get the painting done. Oops!
However, in that time, I switched out the curtains and found two duvet cover sets at Target (at 70% off each!!). The duvet below is off-white with gray flowers and leaves. The 2nd one is a less-girly gray and off-white stripe (kind of seersucker-esque). Sooo, some progress was made, but it feels great to no longer have sample squares painted on all of the walls (although I was kind of getting used to them! :) ).
Before:
And After:
I also repainted all of the trim and doors white and (in doing so) covered over the remnants of the original mint green wall color that had been bugging me since we bought this house. :) (It was just visible along the window trim where someone had painted sloppily.) Now if only we could do something about the mint green tile in the bathroom...
On the left side (above our TV and dresser), I have plans to hang pictures of us, the dogs, Lewis, family, etc. I already have the frames, so I just need to choose the pictures and print them off!
A great big thank you to Jim and Sharon for taking Lewis and also to Kevin for doing laundry, watching Lewis, and helping me put the room back together Friday evening.
Great change..love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Leitia! With the exception of our hallway, I have now successfully rid the house of all traces of mustard and tan. :)
DeleteOooh. Very nice. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do.
ReplyDeleteDamn straight. :) And thank you.
DeleteI want to make the hallway the same color as the living room/dining room (and I have a few touch-ups in those rooms, too), so my next task is to bring that color up from the basement one day and knock it out.