This weekend was a good one! Great weather (in the 70s), and we didn't have any plans to speak of for the first weekend in like 8, I think.
At dinner Friday, Kevin reminded me/informed me that I only had 3 weeks until Adie's baby shower that I'm co-hostessing!! I thought (for some dumb reason) that I had like a month and a half (I obviously haven't looked at a calendar recently). I sort of totally went into panic mode and spent the 2nd halves of Saturday and Sunday in the basement, sewing and crafting away, furiously. I'm happy to say that things are in good shape now. :) For now. I've called in reinforcements (Kate) to help me with one of the projects this week, and I think I'll be in good shape as long as do a little each evening (since we'll be have more plans again next weekend and week for Thanksgiving). So exciting!
Onto pictures, which might be a little 'off' for a while because our camera is broken. It says there is a lens error which I read is from too much dust getting in/on the lens (which you might recall started as that shadow-y spot I've been dealing with in pictures for a few months now). We're keeping an eye out for a Black Friday deal, so until then, we are using our old camera.
One of Lew's favorite reading spots--the middle of the kitchen floor! :)
Snuggles for Peter and Hattie :) Poor Hattie girl.
I found an awesome race track for Lewis at Goodwill a few weeks ago, but it didn't come with any cars. It has two spirals where cars can race down it, but only one his matchbox cars was close to being small enough to go down it/fit under some obstacles. We did some research but couldn't find replacement cars anywhere online, so we decided to go to Toys R Us on Friday evening to see if they had something that would work. The good news is they did, the bad news is it was a madhouse! At like 6:45pm on a Friday, two weeks before Thanksgiving and six weeks before Christmas. It was horribly busy and people were pushy--maybe there was a sale going on that we weren't aware of? Not sure, but I hope to never go back there. :)
Lewis did find a Jeep to sit in. :)
Here's Lewis playing with his new cars on Saturday morning, which sort of made the hellacious trip to Toys R Us worth it, maybe:
He is obsessed. The cars we got are very small and lightweight, so they don't always make it all of the way down. When they do, he gets really excited and claps. He's very careful placing two cars at the top starting line, and he pushes on the lever to start the race. He carries the four little cars in one hand (and drops 1 or 2 as he walks) and the track in his other hand and follows you to whichever room you are in.
Sunday morning was beautiful so we went over to the zoo for a few hours.
Checking on the elephants
The lions were laying in the sun and snuggling. :)
My friend Tonya had mentioned going into the petting zoo, so this time we gave it a shot, and Lewis did surprisingly well! He patted them all on the butt, didn't grab any horns, and did not get bitten, so a victory, overall.
This one is smart--getting up to evacuate the area. :)
We spent some time in the gorilla area--there was one big one who was freaking me out with his human-like movements. It was seriously like a man was sitting there thinking, scratching his head, furrowing his brow, etc. It was awesome.
Hello!
The big one was coming up and sitting next to the glass, so we were waving and saying hi. All of a sudden, Lewis started waving and saying 'Hello!' He's been waving and saying 'Baaah Baaah' (in a thick Kentucky accent :) ) the past week or so, but this was the first time he's said Hello like that.
There were four gorillas outside (plus the 4-5 inside). I didn't realize they had so many--I guess they aren't usually all out on display when we're there during the week.
That was our weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment