Smiley Amelia!
(with 3 teeth coming through)
Balloons!! They had some leftover and cut them apart so Lewis, Clara, and Colin could toss them around:
So much fun!
Group picture
The group of kids doubled from 3 to 6 in just a year!
Hugs goodbye from Clara. :)
Sunday we decided to go out and get a Christmas tree! We have things the next few weekends, so (for once) we decided to go ahead and get it up and ready early.
Picking just the right one!
Ready to take it home!
I totally took the backroads because I kept thinking of the time a few years ago when I saw a car off the interstate who had just hit a tree that had flown off the top of a car. Soooo, better safe. :)
Lights and star on
All finished! (except for a tree skirt)
We were able to tackle it during naptime, and I'm so glad it's done! Lewis is obsessed with it and likes to turn the lights on, so I think we've already enjoyed it more than our past few trees combined.
Hattie and Lew, checking it out
Every morning when Kevin takes him out to the dining room for breakfast, he yells out 'Treeeee!' He 'Ah-ah-ah's for us to turn the lights on at mealtimes. He has taken some ornaments off, but hopefully he'll stop after the novelty wears off.
your tree has the perfect shape! very pretty. Did you cut a live tree?
ReplyDeleteWe just went to a tree lot downtown--we don't have wild tree areas like they do in Idaho (or on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)! :) I thought of that movie as we were picking it out--I didn't want it to be too big or too tall like Clark Griswold's was. :) We are happy with the shape, and the tree stand from GW works like a charm! And I'm going to use some leftover supplies from Adie's shower for the tree skirt.
Delete