Sunday, March 24, 2013

Consignment Sales and Basketball Games

This was kind of a busy week--I sold in my first consignment sale, so I've had to run across town to volunteer, drop-off my goods, and shop (of course). :) We just sold a small amount of things to see how the process works (things we didn't like, had duplicates of, didn't end up using, etc.). They take 30% off the top and charge a registration fee ($10 since I volunteered), so we ended up getting a check for $173.05. Not too shabby for things that we no longer had a use for! That's over twice as much money as we made at our yard sale last year. :) Of the 84 things we put in, 67 sold--I think that is pretty good. Lewis and I will go pick up what didn't sell tomorrow, and we'll start setting things aside to sell in the fall sale!

The week was also busy because Kevin had tickets to see Louisville play in the NCAA tournament games in Lexington on Thursday and Saturday. He'd bought the tickets like 6 months ago, on the off-chance that Louisville or IU would play there. Thursday he and I went while my mom came to town to visit/babysit, and then Kevin took a friend (Justin Juhasz) Saturday. Thursday was fun--on the way to our seats, we walked into a crowd of people who were crowding around someone. We passed by and almost bumped into Denny Crum and Darrell Griffith. I knew who Coach Crum was, but Kevin had to tell me who Darrell Griffith (aka Dr. Dunkenstein) was.

We missed getting an up-close picture because they were heading away from us, but I spotted them from our seats and took a faraway picture.
They are in the 6th row up from the floor. Coach Crum is wearing the black, red, and cream argyle sweater (which made him super easy to spot from afar), and Griffith is sitting to the left of him in a grey sweater.
Tip-off!

This week we have IU on Thursday (and hopefully Saturday) and Louisville on Friday (and hopefully Sunday). It's basketball madness up in here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment