This weekend we headed up to Keith and Maggie's for what might become an annual trip (we went last year around this time, too). I didn't take as many pictures as last year, but here are a few!
'Hey, Colin, it's Lewis. I'm on my way!'
Lewis spent most of the drive up on his smartphone, repeating the ABCs song over and over. He was a really good rider on the way up and even better on the way back (because he slept 2/3 of the way). :)
We arrived as a UL game was beginning, so we ate lunch while Kevin watched that. After nap, we headed out to Graeter's for ice cream and play time--it was crowded, but Lewis and Colin seemed to have a good time running around. And the ice cream was great! I got Buckeye Blitz (even though I despise those OSU Buckeyes...) and Kevin got Cupcake Confetti (which I tasted and it was very good!).
Riding a banana split teeter totter
Back at the house, watching Cars 2
Storytime, later that evening
Lewis isn't wearing pants because...hmm. I think he needed a diaper change near bedtime, and rather than put forth the effort of putting jeans back on, we just let him go without until it was pajama time.
And I think that is Caroline in Maggie's lap. I think Julia had on darker pink pajamas, but I could be wrong. They are both such sweet girls.
We borrowed one of the girls' mattresses and put it on the floor of our room, along with the stuffed Mater and Thomas blanket we brought from home. At bedtime, Kevin had to stay in the room with Lew for just a few minutes for him to fall asleep, and then we were all able to watch the IU game together and chat. I think Lewis woke up around 6:30am, so that was pretty good sleeping away from home (compared to our weekend at the cabin).
Trains the next morning
We had a really nice visit and were glad to catch up and get to see everybody. Thanks again for having us!
No comments:
Post a Comment