Monday, July 29, 2013

A Morning with Old Man Lew and To the Zoo

This was where and how I found Lewis the other morning:
:)
It cracked me up. In his little old man recliner and pajamas, reading a book.

That day, I believe, we headed to the zoo with Tonya and Carlton, incognito:
He insisted on the shade being pulled all the way down for the first part of our time there, so I guess he was feeling like an undercover kind of day. :)
Hitching a ride on the turtle
Sliding at the 'new' playground
We always walk by this spot, but I wasn't sure if it was open to the public or for special groups. It's kind of around a corner from the main drag, but I discovered it is totally open to all. I think it seemed to be a little less crowded than the usual playground we stop at, and they seemed to have more equipment to play on. Lewis and Carlton had a blast.
Watching the train go by
Like, 'Hey, wait for me!!' We thought about riding it on the way out, but the line was way too long--next time, buddy!
Finally figured out how to get back to see the wallabies 
(aka not kangaroos, as I first thought)
And finally, I had a water spot on my lens in the exactly wrong spot, but the polar bear kept pacing back and forth through this bridge above the sidewalk, which was pretty neat.

The end of last week/beginning of this week were/are absolutely gorgeous, so we're trying to spend as much time as possible outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment