Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Peter's a New Man (Dog)

The dogs had their annual check-ups this week--all looks good, except Hattie's a bit hefty (though she's lost 4 pounds since last year!). In speaking with the vet, he mentioned the Furminator as something that might help with Peter's annual hair shedding fest that is currently taking over our house. I'm talking tufts of hair that fall out all over the floor, bed, couch, etc. It happens every year around this time, mostly on his back and hips.

Exhibit A:
 My name is Peter Dink, and I'm here to destroy our house. You're welcome.
Just kidding, sweet boy. :)

 Closer shot.
I think the flash makes it seem a little less tufted--just trust me, it was very tufted.

I went online and found a generic brand that was over half the price of the actual Furminator--I think the one I got is called the FurBlaster or something equally awesome. Reviews were good, so I ordered it and it arrived today.

Here are our results:

He's a new man!
The pile was half a foot tall (it was dispersed a little as Peter posed for the picture), and I could have probably gotten a bit more out of him but I had to start dinner. He really seemed to enjoy being brushed by it--he kept coming back for more, and I kept finding areas that were goldmines. I'll probably try again in a week just to make sure we got the majority of it.

I tried it on Hattie, too, but I didn't get hardly any out of her. It gets the undercoat out, so I guess her shedding is a different kind of shedding. I used to blame her for being the primary shedder of the family, but maybe I was wrong! Regardless, I'm glad I was able to get that much hair out of Pete--theoretically, it should save me some sweeping and vacuuming, at least slightly.

2 comments:

  1. wow!! that looks like Dave's pile of hair when I cut it all off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you cut his hair recently (since we saw him last weekend)?

      He's suddenly very shaggy again the past few days, so I did some more brushing today and got another good pile out of him.

      Delete