Thursday, May 15, 2014

To the Doctor and Dentist

A few weeks ago, Lewis and I had a little incident with his bedroom door. I was replacing the handle lock, and he was 'helping' me. As I went to close the door and check it, I met a little resistance. I pulled the door a little more, only to hear an enormous scream come out of Lewis' mouth. Without me knowing, he had stuck his index finger in the crack of the hinge side of the door. OUCH! It looked really bad immediately, followed by at least 10 minutes of crying (which is very unusual for Lewis). I called the pediatrician, and they had me bring him in. The doctor looked at it but wasn't sure if it was broken (it was swollen and red/purple). He sent us out to the children's hospital for an x-ray, and I was SO glad to hear that it was not broken. It was back to normal just a few days later. Mother of the Year! :)

This week, he went for his 6-month check-up at the dentist. He did SO much better laying back in the chair this time than last time. He did try to sit up at first, but he calmed down quickly, held my hand, and laid very still for the cleaning. The dentist came to check out his teeth and decided to take x-rays. When they did, they found that one of his front teeth is BROKEN at the root! Yikes! The dentist asked me when it happened, and the only thing I could think of was an incident about 7 months ago (and I only remember the timing because it was close to his last dentist appointment). He pulled one of our dining room chairs back and hit himself in the mouth--I remember his gum being a little bruised, but they didn't seem that concerned at his last visit. The dentist said that we'll just watch it for now since it hasn't changed color (to yellow or gray). It has angled forward very slightly, but the dentist said that it's possible it has re-fused and will be fine. She will check it again in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment