Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Vol. XVI

As with most things, going potty sometimes takes some convincing with Lewis.

Lewis: I NOT need to go potty!
Kevin: I bet you do. You just drank all of that lemonade.
Lewis: (finally peeing) There's my lemonade!

----------

Also related to the potty, we are trying to teach him the order of things when he goes to the bathroom. Do his business, flush, and wash his hands. He's pretty funny about doing things out of order--usually he washes his hands first, pees, and then is insistent that he already washed them and doesn't need to wash them again. This was our exchange at breakfast one morning:

Lewis: I'm all done.
Mama: Ok. I need you to go potty, and then it's time to get ready for school.
Lewis: (runs down the hall, and I hear some noises in the bathroom while I'm cleaning up breakfast)
Mama: (I get to the bathroom, see him straightening the bath mat, and can tell that he's just washed his hands) Lewis, did you go potty?
Lewis: I FRE-GOT (that's how he says forgot)! SILLY LEWIS!

It was so darn cute--silly Lewis! I think he went in there and washed his hands and then got side-tracked with straightening the rug and totally forgot what he was supposed to be doing. Once prompted, he went right away, flushed, washed up, etc. and we got ready for school. Whenever he goes to the bathroom on his own, I listen to hear the flush and the water running, and I'll ask him if he did steps A, B, and C--he's good about going back and completing the missed steps, so that's good. It will all click one of these days. :)

----------

At Hickory Hill, we have to clean the house when we check out. Lewis went upstairs and asked (cousin) Mallory if he could help her clean her room. She let him help her vacuum, and when they were done, they exchanged pleasantries:

Mallory: Thank you, Lewis!
Lewis: Thank you, Mallory!

:) He does that...thanks us after we thank him. :) He also says he is sorry, even when something isn't his fault, so we're working on when it's appropriate to say these niceties.

----------

Sometimes we get to school early, and we have to wait x number of minutes until we can enter the carpool lane. This morning, we were 8 minutes early, so I asked Lewis to count to 8:

Lewis: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Mama: Can you keep going?
Lewis: 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 13, ELEVENTEEN!!!!

Clearly, still working on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment