Now that he is spending most of his time (sleeping and awake) on his belly, the large bald spot on the back of Lewis' head seems to be slowly filling in.
Speaking of sleep, I think we're having another growth spurt.
Is that possible?
Up to feed at 11pm, 2am, 6am, and then 8am. Our 'magical' slip-the-pacifier-in-before-he-truly-wakes-up trick that we utilized this past week failed last night--the boy wanted to eat. Doesn't he know his mama is still sick?
I miss the days when he slept all night long.
It's exciting that he can roll so well, but not when it means banging his head/whole body into the sides of his crib, forgetting how to roll back over to his back, STILL managing to hike a leg out of his crib slats by going on top of the bumper, stretching up to gnaw on the crib slats, etc.
I'm envisioning some sort of baby tie down device. Something between a straight jacket and a hog tie. I kid, of course.
Have mercy.
Enough complaining. We love him, and he is still awesome, despite his frequent awakenings. :)
OH, and the crazy neighbors behind us? Yesterday, the dad debuted a Fireworks Launcher he forged out of a piece of pipe. It sits on his shoulder--has a handle and a shoulder rest and everything. Looks like there was definitely some welding involved. He had the oldest kid (16 y.o.?) light the firework, and then the dad demonstrated how to aim and shoot off all 5 or 6 fireballs of a Roman Candle into their trees. Practicing for this weekend, I suppose. After the demonstration, he gave smaller firecrackers to all four children (I'm pretty sure the youngest is like 4 y.o.), and they proceeded to run around the yard, throwing balls of fire and swirling sparklers as they went.
No comments:
Post a Comment