It feels like this third month has been the longest month ever! Lewis FINALLY turns four months next week--we have a doctor's appointment, so I'll post after that with his latest picture and stats.
I have obviously been failing at blogging. I usually think of it/have time to do it when Lewis is napping, but the past week or so we've been spending most of our time in the basement where it is cooler (since I am opposed to hot weather), and the computers both stay upstairs. Also, after a flurry of activity the past month, we have kind of calmed down for a moment.
We did go to Clara's birthday party last weekend, but I forgot to take any pictures there (typical). :) Reed and Maria made up the cutest goody bags--Lewis left with a couple of books, toy keys, and, of course, a Care Bear (the party's theme). We had a great time, and Maria did such a great job with everything (especially the beautiful Care Bear cake which I really should have taken a picture of).
A few pictures:




Hey!
Looking an awful lot like the Carter side here!!
Papenhaus boys when they were little, I believe!
HAIR! After sporting some male-pattern baldness for the first 3 months, his hair is finally starting to fill in! He has sort of a short, spiky flat-top now. And one big bald spot on the back where he sleeps. :)
To Em, "His hair was as soft as a baby chicken..." Ha!
My favorite picture yet. Finally able to capture a 'real' smile.
The garden looks like hell this year (crabgrass is a thing of the devil), but I did get some roses last weekend! All is not lost. Also, I tried Round-up for the first time, and think I'm going to love it. Finally a workable solution to the annoying grasses/weeds all over our bricked out patio area.
The dogs also love spending time in the basement. I snapped a few pictures of them the other day while on the floor with Lewis. Hattie will NOT let me take a straight-on picture of her. She always looks away and/or poses. I thought this one captured her stubbornness (and her Master Splinter beard) the best.
Hattie Boo (or Lou), we love you
Peter, on the other hand, will stare at you for as long as you'd like. I wish I could hear what he is thinking.
Peter Dink
Peter's liver values were elevated back in February when he and Hattie got their teeth cleaned. Not enough to warrant major concern, but enough to try to figure out why. He's been acting a little puny/'off' (but he's always been a bit of a strange dog), and we aren't sure if it's because of his liver or because of Lewis being born. We've run bloodwork 4-5 times now and have been experimenting with different chews, pills, etc. to try to get them to come down. So far, they remain the same (or even a bit higher). Looking back through his history, we found that they were also elevated back in 2008 when he had blood drawn (but the vet then thought it was caused by a drug reaction and assumed they would go back to 'normal').
We switched to a vet's office closer to our house (and with more reasonable prices), and I really like her so far! She's really energetic, asks really good questions, and seems excited about figuring out how to help Peter. For now, we are doing a pill and a prescription food to see if it helps. We'll go back in a few weeks for more bloodwork! It's nothing life-threatening for now, thank goodness. Just mysterious.
This weekend we are going to do some work around the house/yard and hit up our neighborhood's yard sale!! I'm excited! I brought up Lewis' 9 month clothes yesterday and discovered that he doesn't have that many at all! So I got a few sets of pajamas this morning at a yard sale and then went and got a few more at Kohl's with a gift card (thanks Aunt Joyce and Uncle Charlie!). I've been stocking up on 12 month and 18 month stuff at Goodwill, but I guess I skipped the 9 month stuff.
Next week, we are traveling to my parents' house to see my sister and Juniper (yay!), visit with family, have a retirement party for my dad, and then Lewis and I are off to Waycross for a few days of Women's Week! I'm really excited to spend time with my aunts, mom, sister, niece, grandma, cousin, etc.
I will shut up now. Happy Friday, all!
No comments:
Post a Comment