Saturday morning, Kevin, Lewis and I headed out to Fishers first thing to visit with the Butt twin boys (Jenson and Edison). I'd met them a few weeks ago, but this was Kevin's first time. We had a nice visit--her husband is away on business until tomorrow, so she's managing all five children. She is a super woman--I wish we lived closer so I could offer her more help. She is doing a phenomenal job. We capped off the visit with some lunch from El Camino Real (a really good Mexican restaurant near their house...the REAL reason I wanted to go visit...haha) and then had to head back to New Castle for my dad's big retirement party!
Getting in the Party Spirit
We had family and friends over to my parents' house for drinks, dinner, and desserts. Mom made her famous lasagna, accompanied by Caesar salad, garlic bread, Concannon's cream-filled chocolate cake, Concannon's carrot cake, and some tiramisu. I did the legwork and can say that all three desserts were equally divine.
Among the guests was our former German foreign exchange student Dietgard (who married an American and now lives in Indianapolis) with her daughter, Mathilda, born three weeks before Lewis. It was fun to catch up and share our new mama stories with one another.
Lewis and Mathilda
So if I haven't mentioned it before, Emily bought Lewis a bunch of adorable clothes after he was born, including the following, his official 'Papaw Carter Party Outfit':
Two of a Kind
The top and bottom are both a true size 6-12 months, and they were roomy on him. Subsequently, the made him look like a giant baby!
Big, BIG, Boy with his Grandma DeeDee
The crowd eventually thinned out and the party transitioned from dessert into the Men's Poker Game that inevitably occurs at all Anderson family functions. Men in one room, women in the other. I headed to bed while things were still in full swing because I was afraid that Lewis would be waking us up all night (which he did) because of a Pack n Play issue.
One more post on Father's Day/Waycross, then I'm done for today. My poor husband has caught what I had/have. Things are not cheery here in the Thompson house. Apologies to anyone who was around us this weekend. And thanks to whomever originally passed it on. I had it, my cousin Mallory had it, now Kevin. It's the gift that keeps on giving. :)
Ha ha. Due to "Pack n Play issues." You resisted posting what these issues were and I am impressed!
ReplyDelete