Monday was our big babysitting adventure day! The timing of our trip was due to Juniper's daycare provider being on vacation this week, so we planned it so that Lewis and I would cover Monday, Emily was off Tuesday, and our parents would cover Wednesday through Friday.
Unfortunately, the ONE morning I needed to be up and at 'em on time, I slept in! I set my alarm for 6:45, but I accidentally slept until 7:15--Lewis woke me up throughout the night until I finally pulled him into bed with me around 6am (totally NOT expecting us both to fall back asleep for over an hour). I forgot that I'd set my phone to vibrate the night before in case Kevin called while I was trying to get Lewis to sleep, so I didn't hear my phone's alarm vibrating (which, duh, who would?). Double oops. Oh well--we jumped up, changed clothes, and made it to their house just 5 minutes later than planned.
Mama, we slept in!
We saw Emily off to work and spent the morning playing together on the floor. Juniper sang as she played and read a book to Lewis--she is such a happy girl. It seems like she is going to be a helpful, nurturing type. Lewis went down for his nap while Juniper and I worked on an art project I'd brought along. Then Lewis woke up right as Juniper was starting her lunch, so I gave L some alone time while I fed J lunch--then I put J down for her nap while L and I hung out. It was a pretty harmonious day.
Juniper scootching along the back of the couch, naturally
My sweet monkey
The next morning (Tuesday) was Emily's day off, so we took our time getting going that morning at our hotel. I let Lewis crawl around while I was packing our bags (we checked out of our hotel that morning and checked into my parents' hotel that night b/c they were supposed to get in around midnight before they had the whole stranded-for-the-night-in-Chicago ordeal). Anyway, Lewis ended up next to the mirrored closet doors and went from laughing at his 'friend' in the mirror to banging his head, trying to play with the friend.
Mama, you are not going to believe this kid!
Hello, friend. You're cute.
:)
After we packed up the car, we headed to Emily and Joe's house. We joined Emily and Juniper on their seemingly normal Tuesday 'off'...we walked to the bank, the library, an art gallery, and a kids' consignment store. Then we stopped by the neighborhood park on the way back for a little swinging and sliding, followed by a trip to the grocery for lunch supplies. It was a little bit hot, but it felt nice to be out and about with my Schwee.
Lewis at the grocery, gnawing on his toes.
The best part about our morning (for me, at least) was the art gallery...we found pieces by an Idaho artist, Judy Deam. Emily had gotten me a print of hers for Christmas (or was it my birthday?) a few years ago of Peter, and we had said how funny/neat it would be to find one of Hattie. Well, we did! I think it would look more like her if the painted dog had more ears showing, but still--that unmistakable wild terrier hair (and even the beard!) did it for me. I plan to get it framed to match Peter's, and then I'm going to do some rearranging to make them both hang in our dining room as a pair. [Don't mind the weird lighting/weird angles in the photos--I just took these this evening and was trying to battle lights reflecting off of the prints.]
Ode to Peter Dink
Ode to Hattie Lou
Juniper went down for a nap while Lewis protested his, if I remember correctly. Emily did The Itsy Bitsy Spider for him and sent him into major giggling fits.
Happy Boy
It's Pants-free Tuesday!
As the afternoon winded down, we decided to get out Juniper's walker for Lewis to try out. He has a Jumperoo that stays in one place, but nothing like this that moves! He didn't totally get the concept--he tried to jump in it, which only pushed him backwards a little. Juniper had fun pushing him around the living room in it until she decided that she, too, wanted to get inside it a few times.
This thing is pretty rad.
Lewis with his Uncle Joe (holding onto The Beard for a little extra support)
Juniper, half in/half out of the walker
Our cousin Julie got Emily and Joe a really neat baby bike seat that rides between the handlebars instead of behind the seat. Joe took Juniper with him down to the grocery store, and when they got back, Emily suggested that we let Lewis try it out. Joe just took him up and down their street a few times. I'm not sure how Lewis felt about it--he seemed a little tense and unsure of what was happening, but it seemed like he had a good time!
Safety first!
Look, Ma, no hands!
And that concludes our Boise trip! Emily took Lew and I to my parents' hotel to check in and get our room set-up for the night, and then Joe came to pick us up at 5:30am the next morning to head for home. Thanks to the Bergstroms for a great trip, great food, great beer (sorry, again, for drinking the last one!), for picking us up for the airport at 5:30am, for shuttling us to and from our hotel(s), for being our tour guides, and for the good company. We love you guys and can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Flip-flops, a cruiser bike, a beard, and shorty shorts you must be in Boise's north end.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
ReplyDeleteA true Hipster Haven. :)
ReplyDelete