Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Trifecta!

I'm pretty sure poor Lewis has piled on a growth spurt, teething, and a cold--all wrapped into one miserable package! We have administered tylenol and gas drops (for good measure)...sucked the snot, filled the humidifier, rubbed on Vick's BabyRub (which he is now trying to lick off his pajamas). He's refusing to nurse OR take the pacifier, probably due to the overage of snot. The swing has reemerged from the basement, and we can only hope it will help keep him inclined well enough to stay drained and asleep!!! It's almost 11pm, for goodness sake! Poor guy!

2 comments:

  1. They have VapoRub for BABIES?! I have to get that.

    Teething is one of those things that comes and goes for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. They do. I don't know how much of a difference it makes, though. He woke up every 45 minutes to an hour all night long--with one 2 1/2 hour stretch from 6am to 8:30am.

    He also flipped his cereal bowl this morning so it flew all over his highchair, me, the wall, and the floor.

    He refused to nurse, so I had to pump and give it to him through a bottle.

    He let out some wild farts in the tub this morning that I feared was his first time pooping in the pool (which it was not, thank goodness).

    It's going to be a loooong day. :)

    And Kevin and I are both sniffly, too.

    ReplyDelete