Seven Months Old
(and a little sleepy-looking)
His stats (from BabyCenter, again, as we don't go back to the doctor until 9 months):
Weight: 19.5 pounds (50th-75th percentile)
Length: 29.5 inches (above 95th percentile)
Head Size: 19 inches (above 95th percentile)
What he is doing this month:
- Belly crawling like a maniac! He has started to get up on his knees more and more and can make a few strides that way, but he still ends up on his belly. He is getting more efficient and faster every day. Some of his favorite things to go after are: the dogs, dog hair, electrical cords, and the bathroom trash can.
- Sort of related to crawling, he has started to look upward as he is exploring. Rather than just look down and at what is in front of him, he has started looking up and reaching up towards higher things (cabinet doors, entertainment center, shelves, etc.).
- He responds to his name. I notice this especially when he is crawling around the rooms/hallway--I say, "Lewis, where are you? Where are you going?" And he turns around and smiles and sometimes crawls back towards me. Or, more often, he heads straight for the trash can or the dogs.
- As for sleep, I'd rather not say. :) He was doing well before we left for our trip--only waking once a night. During the trip, he upped it to 2 or 3 times a night. It could be a growth spurt, teething, or, more likely, irregular naps and a drier climate (making him more thirsty??). Hopefully he'll get back into the groove within the next few days.
- Current Tooth Count: still 2.
- I feel like I have wrapped my head around the solid feeding recommendations on BabyCenter and have devised a plan for us--we are introducing new foods every 3 or 4 days and are gradually increasing the amount of cereal and/or vegetable/fruit weekly. The leader of the mom group we attended said solids should be more of a 'top off' until around 8 months, so we're going with that. I nurse him like normal all day, and we offer solids after the first feed of the day and after the sometime-around-dinnertime feed. And I abandoned the plan of mixing his cereal with breastmilk--it was depleting my frozen milk stash, so we're just mixing it with water. The iron from the cereal is what he needs at this point, and he's still getting the benefits of my milk throughout the day.
- He is sitting a little better each day! He won't be setting any records anytime soon, but he can stay in a sitting position for a minute, maybe? He inevitably ends up diving forward into a crawl because, apparently, crawling is more desirable. He does sit in his bathtub during bath time now and he has looked like he might actually sit himself up FROM a crawling position a few times. He's working on it. :)
A few outtakes:
Putting everything in his mouth, as per usual
:) Hello, there.
Kevin called saying he is taking a half day today (wahoo!), so I might get time this afternoon to post about our Boise trip. I took a bunch of pictures and video, so I'll try to get them up today or tomorrow.
Food - we just give Lucy whatever we are eating at meals, and usually she eats at least some of it. MacKenzie also gives her snacks at 10 and 3 or so. Sometimes it takes her a long time to decide if she likes something. She didn't like tomatoes the first 9 times, but on the 10th, she did, and now they are one of her favorites.
ReplyDeleteSo far, so good, as we are wrapping up the list of 'first' foods. He spit up after peaches a few times, which I'll keep an eye on. And he broke out in eczema on his back for a week or so (but I'm not sure what caused it). He hasn't outright refused anything yet, but I know it is inevitable. :)
ReplyDelete