I researched finger food suggestions on BabyCenter and have expanded his repertoire to include:
- Cheerios (still his favorite, and he has become quite accurate with them!)
- Small pieces of soft fruit (just banana, so far)
- Small pieces of steamed vegetables (carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, peas, turnips, and little broccoli 'trees,' so far)
- Shredded cheese
- Yogurt melts
- Small pieces of pasta
I can also include toast, ricecakes, eggs (haven't yet introduced those), small bits of soft meat, etc. I'm going to aim to buy foods for him that Kevin and I will also eat to try to keep the expense and the waste down. Just last night I cubed and steamed two sweet potatoes, and that was WAY too much! Fortunately they are inexpensive, but maybe in the future I can cube/steam half of one for him and bake the other one and a half for our dinner (bad example because Kevin dislikes sweet potatoes, but you get my point).
After the holidays, I am going to work on meal planning, reducing our food costs, and eliminating midweek trips to the grocery store, so this will all tie in together.
In closing, here is a video of Lewis, Hattie, and Peter at lunch today. On the menu were Cheerios, sweet potatoes, finishing up yogurt from breakfast, and his (and my) first taste of turnips! (Same with parsnips the other day--not bad!) The dogs also loved the menu (even the turnips!) and patiently waited for Lewis to drop pieces for them to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment