This is just a catch-up post with pictures from the past week.
Here is Kevin Lewis (I thought it looks like such a Kevin expression) the other day. The drum set and dog bed are there to keep him from getting to the cables (the ones he is holding in his left hand). Our cable runs from the cable box (in the upper left corner) through that little closet along the right side. He crawls under the drums and (obviously) can stand up behind them now. I guess we'll need to find a way to rearrange things so the cables are less of an issue. Somehow, I think he'll still find a way to get to them.
Oh, and I found his BabyLegs the other day! I'd bought a few pairs on clearance last year, Emily had bought him a pair, and I'd made 4-5 pairs, and they'd kind of been forgotten in his bottom drawer until now (I thought of them early on but they were too big then). Our basement is (as anyone who has ever slept down there knows) a bit colder than the rest of our house, so I'm thinking these will be great for when we're playing down there pants-less (as he is most of the time) and for naptime (so he doesn't have to sleep in bulky jeans or khakis).While trying to get him ready to go out the other day, I couldn't find one of his shoes. I'd let him down to play in his room while I was putting laundry away, so I figured he must have moved it. After a few minutes of searching the likely places, I looked in the diaper pail, and bingo.
He's been doing this--putting things into things--lately. Like he'll put a small toy (like a Mega Block) into a plastic cup and carry it around, eventually dumping it out. Then repeating. I should have known to check the diaper pail first because his favorite thing to do is close and open the lid (it's similar to one of his toys).
These next few pictures we took for Auntie Em of him wearing his vest for the first time! It's very warm and very cute. And apparently turns him into an ornery-faced monster.
Stinker Face
Yesterday afternoon, Kevin, Lewis and I went back out to the petting zoo. It was supposed to be in the low 40s, but when we got out of the car, there were ever-the-slightest bits of snow falling and it was cold! So we saw the animals, handed out a bag of carrots, and headed back home. I'm glad Kevin got to see the animals, though--there were a few new ones who I didn't see last time. Two donkeys, an additional zebra (so two total), another cow/bull type, and we were able to see one of the camels a little bit more up close then last time. He/she was still behind a few gates, but it was still pretty neat.
Hello.
Zebras and Goats
This cow/bull/whatever-it-is was in with the Scottish Highland Bull.
So that's what we've been up to this past week or so. I'm starting to work out the details of his first birthday party now (just a small family gathering), which is just a few weeks away! We're working on the menu, and I have a few decorations and a gift to make, so I should be staying busy during naptimes between now and the big day!
I am delighted to hear that his vest makes him rotten!!!
ReplyDeletehe has become very grown up to figure all this stuff out. i love those funny faces
ReplyDelete