Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another Day at the Playground

Today was another unseasonably warm day--they said on the news this morning that it was supposed to be 65 and partly cloudy. I heard the 65 (Wow!) and partly cloudy (Yay!) parts and must have missed the part about it being windy/breezy and there being a chance of rain. We still went and were fine in our light jackets, but we did get sprinkled on a few times (which I'm not complaining about--it was fun playing in the rain!). Lewis didn't seem to mind one bit.


 Roar!!!
1) These are awesomely cute dinosaur pajamas Aunt Adie and Uncle Ben got for him that I haven't taken a picture of yet, and 2) they remind me of naps which reminds me that we are finally back on schedule with sleeping. He had some earlier-than-normal-morning-awakenings (5am), later-than-normal-naps, and not-as-long-as-normal-naps at the end of last week and into the weekend, and by yesterday he, Kevin, and I were all struggling after he awoke at 5am and wouldn't go back to sleep. Every other morning he's gone back down after I nursed him, but yesterday he was mad so we all got up. Luckily today he slept until almost 7am and took two of his best naps ever. Hopefully we're back on track.

And now, to the park!
 Having so much fun...
 Until I realized that the tube ends/drops off! Kerplunk.
Luckily he was unaffected by the faceplant.
 Such a big boy. :)

Seriously big boy. And so brave! He climbed the steps/platforms to the top of the main structure again, and I usually pick him up at the top and put his butt on the slide and let him go down. Welllll, instead, when he got to the top platform, he just kept going towards the slides. He crawled right on, face first, and down he went! It all happened so quickly!
 Wild Man!
Hmmm, that was fun. I think I'll do it again!


We went back around so that I could try to video him climbing to the top, but halfway up is when it started to rain. And then he seemed like he was going to charge me (via a step down that he isn't at all skilled at), so the video got cut short. 

3 comments:

  1. you can tell he's been on that slide a few times. he was going for it. he's such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. He is getting big too fast! I feel like next time I see him he's going to have a beard, or at least a "trash stash." Stop growing so fast, Lew! Love you guys! Lew's B-day package is on the way. All of his b-day gifts are wrapped and a card explains each one and then there are a few little things tucked in there as well. Enjoy! It should be there in just under a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He WAS going for it--as we walked up to the playground, he tried to jump out of my arms (I assume b/c he recognized it).

    Haha...trash stash. We love you, too. Thanks for the heads up on his gift(s)--I'll keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete