Monday, February 6, 2012

Smiling and Reading and Smiling Some More

Over the past week, Lewis has really started showing interest in books. He will go over to his bookshelves to pull off a few (or many) books. He tries to thumb through them himself or sometimes he'll bring a book (usually Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?) for us to read to him or a picture book for us to flip through with him. He seems to like to look at pictures of other kids or animals, and he's also really into the Touch and Feel books that we have. 

It's really fun to see him interested in something AND to be able to ask us to do something with him/for him. The other day he brought in Brown Bear while I was working in the kitchen, so I took it from him and said thanks (thinking he was just giving it to me). He grunted in dissatisfaction until I read it to him (2-3 times).
I'm thinking that we might rearrange his room to create more of a reading nook in that corner of his room, under the shade of his 'fake' tree.


These next pictures were a series I took the other day at a mealtime. He has definitely figured out what to do when the camera comes around. In these, he started scrunching up his nose and smiling.

And then these were some that Kevin took last night. Major cheeseball.
Cheese!
Oh, stop!
I crack myself up!

3 comments: