Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Fun

As I mentioned, we went up to visit the Butts this weekend--we had a great time with them, their 5 kids (3 girls + 2 boys), and also our friends Amy and Alan and their son. It was quite the full house on Saturday afternoon, but fun!! 
 Lewis pushing around Princess Norah
 Lewis (getting into batteries) and Sweet Edison
This was as happy as I saw Edison around Big Lew--for some reason, Lewis made him a little upset when he came nearby. I did see him pull his hair once, so I'm not sure if that was why?? Probably so.
Norah and Lew tag-teaming to push around Ben
Up to no good. :)
Kevin and his buddy, Jenson
He really, really wanted Kevin to hold him.
Norah and Lewis, having a moment.
She was a bit obsessed with him.
Just a tad.
All the ladies love me. :)
This is the exact same face he had when Juniper pinned him in Boise last fall.

We had fun Saturday night after the children all went to sleep, chatting and playing board games. I turned in early because Lewis woke up at 10:30pm and then again at midnight, so I went to bed in case it was a rough night (and it was...he woke up again at 4am and 6:30am). In his defense, he only napped about 30 minutes on the drive up and refused to take his afternoon nap, so he was a textbook case of being overtired (and probably overstimulated from so much activity and fun). 

Sunday morning we hung out for a little bit and then hit the road early enough for Lewis to fall asleep around his normal nap time. Here are a few pictures before taking off.
Big Boy Edison
I wish I could have gotten a picture of him turning on the charm--he very sweetly cocks his head to the side and gets all bashful. It.is.adorable. 
Edison, Jenson, and Lewis (and Maya [dog]) playing
And then Norah woke up and came around for some more snuggles...
Gotcha!
I think it's safe to say they both had fun chasing and being chased by each other!


We got back Sunday right in time for the IU game (for me) and the Louisville game (for Kevin). I'd gotten Kevin and Lewis matching U of L shirts for Father's Day last year, and yesterday was the first time they've both worn them at the same time!
Go Cards!
(And they won, as did IU!)

And Lewis found a new playhouse of sorts in a big ol' cardboard box! It housed a new car seat for a new (used) car that we bought last week for Kevin to drive to replace the '97 Accord (which still runs but was feeling pretty rickety/unsafe). We decided on an '09 Camry and plan to drive it on out-of-town trips and around town more than the old Accord, so we decided to get a 2nd car seat instead of having to move one from car to car.
 Blurry, but a good ornery face!
 Just my size!

This week is looking to be calmer than last week was, and then we are making our first trip to Dublin, OH, next weekend to visit the Okrzesiks, so we're looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment