Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

We have been staying busy this past week now that Lewis is ONE! And a toddler! I've been getting weekly emails from BabyCenter for almost 2 years now, first as Your Pregnancy This Week and then Your Baby This Week. This week, it suddenly said Your Toddler This Week, which answered my question as to when Lewis officially became a toddler (the email said it is either at a year or when he started toddling/walking).


Finally, a Ball
I've been on the lookout for a good ball for Lewis for a little while (since he played with/loved his friend Clara's either at Thanksgiving or Christmas), and I finally found one last week at Rite Aid of all places. I normally only go to Target since it is closest to our house, and the only ball I could find there was smaller and super bouncy (and $14.99!!). Made for older kids. Anyway, this one was a much more reasonable $2.99--we gave it to him on his actual birthday, and he looooves it!
He kissed it,
 Carried it around very determinedly,
 Wouldn't really let go of it,
Shrieked with excitement at it,
And it was the only way we could get him to stand still enough to get his picture taken in front of his growth chart on his birthday.


His obsession has let up a little since the first evening, but he's still a big fan. :)


Peter's Liver
Peter had his six month liver recheck last week (since his liver values seemed to be improved after switching him to a prescription diet six months ago). The normal range for the ALT value is 0-100. Initially he was in the 400s. 6 months ago he was in the 200s. This time he was in the 300s (which is annoying), BUT a different value (BUN) went from being low to being normal (which is good). Sooo, the vet said she isn't concerned as long as he is still eating well and keeping his food down. So he most certainly isn't 'healed' but he isn't worsening, I guess. I kind of wonder if he'd do the same on his old diet, as well, but I guess we'll keep doing what we're doing. She wants to recheck again in a year.
Peter Dink this morning
Smiley Monster
Lewis was really super smiley yesterday morning. :) I mean, REALLY.
 The Big Cheese!
:)
Beginning to wonder if his face was stuck like that.
Oh, stop, Mama, I'm blushing. 
Solids
In Lew's 1 year post, I mentioned that we were kind of at the end of the line on new foods for him to try. I was mistaken--I forgot about the beyond-one-year-foods like the citrus family, strawberries, honey, and peanut butter! I'm in no hurry to introduce all of them, especially after giving him mandarin oranges this week. Shoo-whee! Grossity gross gross gross poopies. I'm definitely going to give him some time in between citrus introductions (I still need to do lemon, grapefruit, and pineapple--which might not technically be citrus but I think of it as sort of citrus-y/acidic). He loves the mandarin oranges, perhaps a little too much. :) Gross.

Labels
Speaking of Solids, that reminds me of Labels, and I just wanted to mention that a few weeks ago I went through the process of rereading every post and assigning labels to them (like keywords/general topics). Something I wish I would have done from the start to make searching easier. Over on the right sidebar, just under the email sign-up space, you'll see a 'cloud' of labels. You can click on any of the labels listed, and it will take you to a page of posts with that label. So if you click on 'Monthly Picture and Factoids,' for instance, you will be taken to a page with only the 12 monthly round-up posts we've had so far.


Mardi Gras
Yesterday we went to a fundraising lunch for Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday with my friend Kate and her parents for Kate's workplace. We had a very fun time (and great pizza!), and Kate even found some Mardi Gras beads for Lewis to wear (eat). He didn't even have to show his tatas. :) Haha.
Swim Lessons
They start up again tomorrow! It looks like Kevin might be able to come a few times to see how Lew does (and maybe take pictures for me). And his Gma and Gpa Carter got him some very cute swim trunks for his birthday, so I'm excited for him to wear those! :) And of course I'm looking forward to seeing what the next level of classes is like.


And now we're off to run a few errands and hopefully make it to the park. It is supposed to be 62 degrees and sunny today! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment