Lloyd Christmas
(from Dumb and Dumber)
(from Dumb and Dumber)
That just about sums up how Lewis's first haircut went this morning. :)
By the end, I decided it wasn't that bad and put my scissors down. However, after his bath it DRIED and it seems to have gotten progressively worse as the day has gone on. You know how haircuts are--you have to let your hair remember how to lay 'normally'...maybe it's just temporarily bad. Or maybe I'll be trying to fix it tomorrow. Either way, at least I know it will always grow back.
BEFORE
Check out my awesome sideburns and bangs, dude.
It is time. Enough of the over-the-ear shag.
A big party in the back.
AFTER
AFTER
Getting my hair cut makes me CHEESE!!
(And see my 7th tooth coming up on the bottom, there?)
Hack Job
What are you, Ma? Some kind of amateur?
Looking very handsome afterwards, until...
It dried funny. :) Like Lloyd Christmas. Oops.
Here is some video Kevin took:
In case you can't understand me, I said "That's going to take some cleaning up" after I attacked the back. Most definitely. Kevin also pointed out that he captured the exact moment when the Hack occurred--right before the 0:40 mark. :)
priceless pictures!!! the little man look is adorable the above the ear cut a little choppy. The look on his face in the video was like "what the heck are you doing to me?"
ReplyDeleteYeah, I started out going fast in case he was resistant, but the Cheerios seemed to keep him pretty content. Next time, I know I'll have a little more time to be more precise with my cuts.
ReplyDeleteI had to level up the back while he was in his bath seat in the tub, which actually worked pretty well. We might move the whole operation there next time for easier clean-up, too.
You're in good company though, that has happened to so many of my friends and is one of the reasons I have still not given Lucy a hair cut. It's easier to pull off with girls, I just say we are growing out her bangs :-) But at least at this age, they aren't self-conscious.
ReplyDeleteYou are right--he could care less. I did give it a go again today at lunch and made vast improvements. I got rid of the poof on the sides and took off some length all over to blend it a little better. The back still looks a little toupee-ish along the bottom, but it is much better than it was. It was easier the 2nd time, too...I just kept at it, patiently taking small bits away. Measure twice cut once would be the lesson I took away from the 1st attempt. :/
ReplyDelete