13 Months Old
We were only able to get one picture in his chair today before he tried to spring loose, so we might not be able to keep up the monthly pictures. We'll see.His stats (from BabyCenter):
Height: 31.75 inches (75th-90th percentile)
Weight: 24.7 pounds (50th-75th percentile)
Head Size: 20 inches (above 95th percentile)
What he's doing this month:
- Walking, running, and generally getting into everything that isn't strapped down!
- He's showing interest in a lot of his toys, and he especially wants us to show him how a toy works. If I'm sitting on the couch in the basement, for instance, he'll bring over his car and shove it onto my lap, like "Mama, make it do something!" Again and again. I'm having to hide his cell phone because he gets obsessed with it--he wants me to open it to play Kevin's recorded voice saying "Hello, there, Lewis Pete!" and then he shuts it and we wait 3 seconds for it to ring, then I open it, then he shuts it, etc. :)
- He is doing a lot of Bababa-ing the past few days. In addition, he still does some Dadada ('Dada'), Dududu ('Dog'), Nanana ('??').
- His eating has mostly returned to normal since his food protests of a few weeks ago. In addition to the fruits, vegetables, dairy, and grains, I'm slowly working in foods that we are eating--he tried my mom's spaghetti last weekend. He spit it out the first time we offered it but then ate a few noodles the second time. He's also had macaroni and cheese (loved it, natch, as a child of mine) and gets bread and/or potatoes if we're out to eat.
- Nursing is coming to an end. I started the weaning process a few weeks ago by offering cow's milk (which he didn't like at first). I did a 50/50 mixture of my milk and cow's milk, then 'diluted' it with more cow's milk as he drank it. Eventually I offered him just cow's milk again, and now he happily takes it (and can drink out of the sippy cup all on his own, hallelujah!). Since I knew he could/would drink other milk, I first decided to change from nursing both sides 4x/day to one side 4x/day. Then I dropped the afternoon pre-nap feeding. Today, I dropped the morning pre-nap feeding. Next will be the first-thing-in-the-morning feeding. Then the bedtime feeding. I think it will be a few more weeks (I'm trying to space out each step 5 days or so apart to make it easier for both of us).
- Since Daylight Saving Time began, we've entered into an amazing world of 12 hour nights of sleep--where we have had to go in at 8am to get him up because he is still sleeping! So maybe all along, he could have been going to sleep an hour earlier. It's been incredible. He's been a little hit-or-miss with his morning nap (taking awhile to fall asleep) but rocking his afternoon nap (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- He is waving to everyone and everything (like the broom, the dogs, the ceiling fan, etc.). :)
- He has been clingy/fussy/wailing/wanting to snuggle with me (and just me) when he wakes up. If Kevin goes into get him, he'll carry on until either Kevin walks him into the room where I am or I come into his room. He calms down after a few minutes of snuggling and then is ready to take on the day. I feel bad for Kevin, but I know it's just a phase.
- He is still very interested in his books. He can be downright demanding. :) His favorites are Baby ABC and First 100 Words, both of which have photographs of objects with the word beneath, and then Baby Says Peekaboo (from the Bergstroms). He has started pointing at certain objects and says 'Da!' (or maybe 'Da?') and Kevin will say what the object is that he is pointing at (it's usually a balloon...big fan). :)
- He is wearing some 12 month, some 18 month, and some 18-24 month clothes, depending on the brand and style. I put an 18 month romper on him the other day, and it was a bit snug, lengthwise, so he might be ready for 24 months in rompers, onesies, overalls, etc. Some of his 18 month sleepers are also getting snug. 12 month pants and shorts still seem to be okay right now. And his 6-12 month swim trunks still fit (but barely)! So he's all over the place.
- Current Tooth Count: still 8, but he has a few bulging gums that will be teeth soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment