Monday, March 5, 2012

Off to Dublin We Went

Despite Lewis' funk, we went ahead with our plans of making our first trip to Dublin, OH, this weekend to visit the Okrzesiks, and we had such a great time! Their son, Colin, is 2 1/2 years old and will be a big brother to identical twin girls in a few months! Colin was really good with Lewis and very patient (while he had his hair pulled, was shoved, had his toys and books taken from him, etc.). And he was so funny--he was talking up a storm and singing songs and literally bouncing around (Kevin caught him mid-bounce, below). Such a happy boy!

Lewis did NOT nap on the drive up and it was just about Colin's naptime, so after lunch on Saturday, both boys slept. Once they were rested, they/we played for a few hours, and then Keith and Maggie took us on a driving tour of the town and we headed to dinner. We had a nice time catching up after the kiddos went to sleep. Lewis woke up once overnight (at 5am), but I snuck in and nursed him, and he let us sleep until 7:30ish. Sunday we had breakfast and played some more, squeezed in a morning nap for Lewis, and then had to hit the road to get back to Louisville. It was fun to road trip it to someplace new and to see them and catch up before their twins' arrival.

Here are pictures from our trip:
Colin showing Lewis his dump truck
And offering his hard hat
And being so patient with Lewis as he falls onto him and tries to snatch away his hard hat 
(a common theme of the weekend)
Taking the twins' awesome double stroller for a spin


And then Sunday morning, the boys discovered how fun it was to chase one another:
Lewis bounding around the house after Big Boy Colin
Colin bouncing!
Lewis chasing some more...
And then climbing the stairs

We made our way upstairs to the twins' room and had a picnic of Goldfish and other crackers that Colin fetched from the pantry shelves. :)
Checking out the rocker
Having fun with Lewis' white noise machine


Finally, they sat together in the rocking chair while Colin read to Lewis.
Buddies :)
Colin reading Peek-a-Boo! to Lew 
Kevin read it to him 3 times or so, and Colin remembered so many of the words/knew what was going on...very impressive recall skills!
:) Grabby Lewis
Thanks so much for having us, Okrzesiks! 

We made a quick stop on the way home (well, as quick as one can on a busy Sunday afternoon) at IKEA for a few things, and then made our way home. I drove the last leg, and it was pretty cute to see Kevin and Lewis both asleep in the back seat. We made it home right at Lewis' dinner time, so Kevin fed him while I ran to pick up the dogs from the kennel. They were really excited to see me and really exhausted (I imagine they bark and/or don't rest from the time we drop them off to the time we pick them up).


I went to bed (I am the lump on the far side of the bed, below) snuggling with Peter and Hattie, who laid down butt to butt, and apparently they stayed that way until Kevin came to bed, so he took a picture. I think he'd call it Where Am I Supposed to Sleep?. Hattie moved for him, but Peter Dink stayed firmly sprawled out between us all night long.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love all the pics. Thanks so much for making the drive all the way up to Dublin to visit us. We really enjoyed the weekend. It was very fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having us--I'm so glad we were able to make it up your way (finally!). I keep looking at that picture of Colin mid-bounce, and it cracks me up. He is so fun. :)

      Delete