Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hurricane Lew, a-Coming Through and Finally, a Swing!

This is what happens when I try to put laundry away and leave Lewis to fend for himself:
 Trash bags, everywhere!
 Here, Peter, would you like some, too?

IU vs. UK game
I was sitting in the spot where Hattie's tail is--I thought it was funny that all four of us were cozied up to watch the game. What was not funny? IU lost. 

Now UK and UL are playing in the Final Four this Saturday, and it's going to be so fun to watch!! The town has started buzzing with red and blue popping up everywhere. People take their basketball very seriously around here! Even though I don't have an allegiance to either team, I was brought up an IU fan and was taught to hate Kentucky basketball, so I'm glad Kevin is a UL fan! 
GO CARDS!


I finally went out last night after dinner to rig up a system to hang the swing my parents got Lewis for his birthday. It's not the most sound rigging system, I'm sure, but it will work for us, for now.
 Whee!
Even if it's a little lopsided.
 The Rigging
I wrapped the limb with part of an outdoor tablecloth, and then I used some nylon/polyester rope and made two long double loops. The swing's hooks go into the loops that I fashioned, and they glide really smoothly along the rope when he is swinging. It's not the prettiest thing, but I think it will work. Even though I tried my best to make the loops hang at the same level, I think with the branch being a little unlevel, it makes the swing hang and swing a little wonky. Oh well! He didn't seem to notice. :)
Thanks, guys! This is cool.
It was a big hit, and now we don't have to make a special trip to the park to get our swing on!

We have friends coming in this weekend which should be a good time. Also of note, yesterday we made arrangements to spend our first night away from Lewis! (Technically Kevin has already had a few nights away when I've taken solo trips to my parents' house, but this will be the longest he's been away from both of us.) We are going up to Waycross to the annual alumni work camp to help get camp ready for the summer, so Kevin's parents have agreed to spend a day, night, and most of a day with Lewis! I hope he behaves himself! :)

3 comments:

  1. Lewis loves his swing!!! Yeah! Don't you forget us in the babysitting rotation when we get back. Does that mean he is totally weaned now? or soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say.... PLEASE don't forget us....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves it! And don't you worry--we will have plenty of babysitting opportunities for you when you get back from your trip. We have a lot coming up in the next few weeks (while you're away), so J&S might want a break by the time we get through with April! :)

      We are down to just the bedtime feeding, and I think we'll say so long to it after this weekend! So almost!

      Delete