We just spent a great weekend with the Butts--it's their spring break this week, so they came down to KY for a few nights. They pretty much took over the basement (except during the time that the UL/UK basketball game was on Saturday), and we had babies in Pack n Plays all over the house. The quiet life that Kevin, Lew, and I have was certainly spiced up with the liveliness of a family of seven coming to stay! We had a great time with them!
The Twins, getting so big!
Jenson aka 'Mini Lily' (left) and Edison aka 'Mini Sophie' (right)
They each take after their sisters so much, in looks and in personality. They are sweet, sweet boys.
Lewis and Norah, two peas in a pod
Now you see it...
('it' being the box that Norah is standing on...Lew has also loved climbing on top of it)
Now you don't!
That box was an IKEA dresser that had been sitting in our living room since last month when we visited the Okrzesiks in Ohio. We wanted something for our entryway that was a) heavy enough that Lewis can't push it around and b) high enough that we can put our mail basket back by the front door without Lewis being able to reach it/pull it over on top of his head (oh, that happened...).
I jokingly told Tony he could assemble it while there was a calm moment (babies were napping), and he jumped up and did just that! Thank you so much, Tony! I would have gotten around to it eventually. :) I plan to fill up the drawers with extra blankets or maybe sheets--something that will allow our closets to have some breathing room.
After naps on Saturday, we got ready to head to the park--I had to take a picture of Lewis' new shoes before we left:
My Uterus Just Did a Flip :)
I will never forget my sister calling me from Target's baby shoe aisle, years ago (pre-babies of our own)--she was shopping for a friend who was pregnant and said that her uterus was doing flips at the sight of all of the baby shoe cuteness. I, too, have had similar reactions (which has surprised me since I'm not much for fashion). I still think of her and that phone conversation when I see cute baby shoes.
Lewis finally outgrew his trusty size 4 tennis shoes that he wore all of the time, so I went through his shoes to find a new pair that fit--two different pairs of size 5s were already too tight on his Fred Flintstone feet, so I went with these little Nikes, and luckily they fit! I just bought them at a consignment sale a few weeks ago--while I knew they were cute when I bought them, seeing them on his feet was almost too much to handle. :)
Edison's ready to go!
Notice the sweatshirt and jeans--it was chilly! They had to borrow sweatshirts/jackets because the forecast had said sunny and in the 70s, but thankfully we didn't need the jackets once we got there.
We headed down to Waterfront Park for a picnic and time at the playground! As we ate, the sun came out and it ended up being perfect weather! Jenson and Edison hung out in their strollers, Lewis and Norah tore up the little kid playground, and Sophie and Lily (and later Norah, too) took on the bigger kid playground. We had a really great time!
Big Boy Lew
Going places with Papa
:)
Hey, Papa--how's your lunch?
Norah coming down the big kid curly slide
Lily and Sophie, braving the boulder
Lewis and the Butt Girls
(L-R) Norah, Lily, Lew (and his belly), Sophie (with her bouquet of dandelions)
And then again without Lew's belly hanging out, but Norah isn't looking at the camera. :)
Walking with Mama (and eating my hair, as usual)
Saturday evening, we had a campfire and cooked hoboes and s'mores. There might have even been s'mores with a Reese's Easter Egg instead of a Hershey's bar, and they might have been pretty amazing.
Sunday morning, Lewis had fun messing with Edison and Jenson. Edison hung out in the highchair while Jenson was getting a bath, so Lew was climbing the gate to say hello and bang the tray.
Edison's probably thinking, "You silly, silly boy."
Jenson on the other hand, looked a little unsure of Wild Man Lew (understandably so):
Jenson looks like he's thinking, "Uh, lady? Some help?"
Juniper did this same thing to Lewis one time at my parents' house. He was in the Jumperoo and Juni would come over and shake it--Lewis did the same to Jenson. Both boys were giggling and enjoying themselves.
So that was the majority of the weekend! I do have one more post dedicated just to the sweet bond developing between Norah and Lewis--I'll post it next.
looks like some lifelong friends there! Did he outgrow his Chuck Taylor's already without wearing them? Take them back to Kohl's and exchange them for bigger. Can't wait to see you all again
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried the Chuck's lately--the last time, they were still plenty big, but it seems he has gone through a foot growth spurt! I think he'll mostly wear sandals this summer and the occasional tennis shoe, so I might exchange them for whatever size he'll be in the fall (when he'll be wearing long pants again). I know Dad did the high top look with shorts back in the day, but I'm not sure that Lewis can pull it off! :) Haha!
DeleteWe look forward to seeing you guys soon! One week and one day until you're r-e-t-i-r-e-d!!