Sunday, April 29, 2012

Storytime, Climbing, Reading, and The Mini

We finally made it to storytime at the library last week, now that Lewis is settling into a one-nap-a-day routine! It was a bit of a struggle to keep him in my lap during the stories (eventually I just let him roam), but he did seem to enjoy singing and dancing in between stories. At the end, while the other kids were doing a craft, he insisted on roaming the room and climbing every chair he could get his hands on. 

He also lost a shoe very early-on, but I'd already wrestled with him at home that morning and had enough shoe-tying-frustration for one day, so I just let him go shoeless. :)
 Conquered. 
 Making music.
He has this same keyboard here at home, and all of a sudden the past week or so, I've noticed he has taken an interest in this and his other musical instruments (especially his maracas). He likes to shake-shake-shake them.
 Topping another chair.
 Really pretty and big and old marble stairs to climb.
I made the mistake of bringing the stroller with us, not thinking about the big, old building, lacking modern accessibility. I discovered a handicap entrance and an elevator as we were there, so we did have an easier time leaving. On the way in, however, I ended up just throwing Lew on a hip and the stroller on my shoulder to get up the stairs because we were running late.

Later that day, still climbing...
 These are our storage cubes that he has been climbing up on top of. Now he has progressed to sliding the lid off and climbing up and inside of them. He likes to hang out in them for little bits at a time. Sometimes he gets stuck, and he (naturally) gets mad until I help him get free. :)
 Pop, Goes the Weasel!

We did some reading at home last week, too.
Looking mighty gigantic, lately.
I tried to take some video of his new skills of reading to himself (nothing vocal, just staring intently at the pictures) and turning the pages himself. The first video is kind of lame because he was already at the end of the book, and then for the second one, Kevin walked in to say hello. Still, cute. 

Finally, Kevin ran in the Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon yesterday and reached his goal of breaking the 2 hour mark! 1:56:52! Kate and Lewis and I found a spot on the final stretch and literally got there less than 2 minutes before Kevin ran by, despite my efforts of getting there early. One of these days, I'll get there with plenty of time to spare! Kevin's parents and brother came down to cheer him on, too, and we had a fun morning. It was really exciting to watch all of the people finishing--such an accomplishment!
Go, Kevin, Go!
Just to the right of the 3rd cone (from top or bottom), white T-shirt/gray shorts
Way to go, babe!
They announced his name on the loudspeaker and everything! It was very exciting!
Way to go, Papa! 

And a happy belated birthday to my niece/Lew's cousin, Juniper Lynn Bergstrom, who turned 2 yesterday! We love you, June Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment