After saying goodbye to the Butts on Sunday, we spent some time outside--the plan was to play, but I saw weeds that needed a-pickin' so I weeded while Kevin and Lewis played.
Lewis, trying to fix the broken lawnmower
I ran over a tie down strap (buried under leaves, in my defense) a few years ago, and seem to have bent the thing that the blade attaches to (I definitely did something worse than just bending the blade--a new blade scrapes the inside, too). I've been meaning to craigslist it, but fear murderers and/or am not one who is comfortable negotiating the price of things, so it sits. I've thought about just putting it on the curb with a "Free to a Good Home" sign--even throwing in the new blades I bought that didn't fix it (since they are the wrong size for our new mower and are just taking up garage shelf space). If anyone knows of anyone who wants to tinker with a broken mower, just let me know, and it's yours! :)
I don't know, Mama. You broke it pretty well. I give up!
Thankfully Lewis has gotten over his (short-lived) avoidance of the grass. Before, he would walk along the driveway, onto the brick patio, but always skirted along the edge of the yard and wouldn't step onto it. If we carried him into the yard and plopped him onto the grass, he would find the shortest distance to pavement and bolt. Not any more!
Loving the feel of cold grass on his feet :)
Doing laps around the garage
Helping me weed
Thinking about messing with my piles of weeds, I think.
Hello.
:) I love his scraped and dirty little knees.
Oh man, is he handsome!!! Miss you guys. A lot.
ReplyDelete:) Thanks. We miss you, too. A lot.
Delete