Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back to the Petting Zoo

Yesterday was hotter than @#$% around here, so we headed out to Henry's Ark petting zoo. We went to see the animals, of course, but also to get rid of the three jumbo bags of carrots I'd bought for last weekend (in case we went out there with the Butts). There were a bunch of people there yesterday, and Lewis started to look a little flushed and hot after awhile, so we didn't stay long.

A few pictures:
 Ostrich Eggs! 
One on either side of the ostrich and then a third is that tiny dot straight back from the one on the left. There were 5-6 ostriches in this pen, and I'm not sure if the eggs will hatch and/or survive or what, but it was still neat to see! They were really big eggs.
 Lew's what-in-the-world-are-you-doing? reaction to...
 the very assertive goat.

The llamas were very friendly and were happily taking carrots.
 Sweet donkeys
 Two zebras
Hard to see the second one up and to the right, I guess--there was only one opening in the fence and it didn't give me a good angle to get both. In the past, I feel like there has only been one zebra.
 Another eager goat
 :) I remember him from before because he's bigger than the other goats and has the cool curved horns. He was very friendly.
CHEESE!
Lew and the camel.
This was the first time we were able to see the camel up close--they've had him/her gated off  on previous trips. I did pet his cute little face--he was really neat (and really huge).

No comments:

Post a Comment